No image transmission signal.

Reaction score
e534d487e567cfc61eedf16239d4ae5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Interesting. I never saw this message before. It means that downlink signal is present but it doesn't contain images. It has telemetry data.

I have exactly the same problem. Fly just fine about two weeks ago until this past weekend. The drone flies just fine. Telemetry works, camera records video and still images however no image transmission sent to my iphone. Firmware was updated in August with no issues and the log file reporting success.

I've tried restarting without the SD card, multiple SD cards. No joy.
Any other ideas?

1st thing you need to do is make sure your device you use to host the GO app is set to NOT allow auto updates. You really have no idea how much file activity dji does with in the hardware. It almost sickening. Personally I have no idea how they get away with some stuff considering the privacy laws we have in place in our country.

Anyway, based on the image above there is absolutely no reason you should have any kind of signal issue taking place unless you are behind a wall somewhere. Btw, this is probably happening due to no wifi connection knowing how dji works. They again probably have new firmware set to function in this manner. This lets them know when you are live for whatever their reason. I stopped updating firmware on GO App 2.4.2 and Aircraft 1.4.1 so I don't have these issue.

Considering what you have already tried, at this point my suggestion would be to completely remove the go app and install a fresh version. Keep in mind if doing this, you would need to login again, and install the 32 channel mod if you have been using it. You may sync your flight logs before hand if you have any interest in maintaining what you have. Or download them to your pc which would be faster then the sync.

But regardless....make sure to torn off the auto download.

Not sure why it would be a SD
Card thing but if it is try reformatting the card?

Or maybe your lens caps is on?!

Haha kidding. Sorry for the troubles. Perhaps a broken ribbon cable single that is where the video comes from.

Not sure why it would be a SD
Card thing but if it is try reformatting the card?

Or maybe your lens caps is on?!

Haha kidding. Sorry for the troubles. Perhaps a broken ribbon cable single that is where the video comes from.

I've been online with DJI support and they don't have any idea either.

Funny thing is the camera records with some lag but it does capture video etc. It just doesn't send it to the controller.

Reactions: Raef
I have a similar problem, only in my case sometimes I power-up and everythings fine and sometimes I don't see an image.
When the images doesn't show I reset the camera by switching between PAL and NTSC. Usually after 1-2 resets like that the image appears. Never had any problem during flight.
DJI support had no practical advice to solve this.
The lab in the store where I bought my drone told me it's a known problem with the main circuit inside the gimbal and will most likely get worse in time. I used this opportunity to order a 4K gimbal instead of my 2.7K. From what I've read this will turn my P3A into a P3P and I will get higher bitrate in the video feed.

In my case, sometimes it takes more than 1 switch to make it work. I've had cases where I had to switch 3 times.
However, from what I understand it is a hardware failure so probably acts a bit different for each drone.
I suspect it has to do with the gimbal main board heating up too much. In my case, since I develop software for my drone I sometimes keep it powered up on my table for a long time. This must have damaged the electronics. Also the adv model does not have a fan on the gimbal so cooling is not as good as in the pro.
Anyway, I'm having a pro camera brought from the US in a couple of days. Hope it solves the problem and upgrade my drone along the way with 4k and better live video.

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic