No Image Transmission Signal

Reaction score
I have read online about many complaints of no transmission signal that go back a few years, but no answers. It is strange that this problem has been going on for a couple of years and no one apparently has found an answer to the problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any answers. I have reviewed all the answers here and on other sites and other than simple fixes such as reformatting the disk or removing or reinserting the disk, etc. I haven't found any answers to my problem. The camera works. I can take pictures and video when connected, but I can't see what the camera is seeing until I view what is on the disk after the flight. The camera tilt works. The P3S works and everything else seems to work except for the lack of an image on the phone. It did work twice for a short time when testing without props but I couldn't get it to work again. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading.

I have read online about many complaints of no transmission signal that go back a few years, but no answers. It is strange that this problem has been going on for a couple of years and no one apparently has found an answer to the problem. I hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen any answers. I have reviewed all the answers here and on other sites and other than simple fixes such as reformatting the disk or removing or reinserting the disk, etc. I haven't found any answers to my problem. The camera works. I can take pictures and video when connected, but I can't see what the camera is seeing until I view what is on the disk after the flight. The camera tilt works. The P3S works and everything else seems to work except for the lack of an image on the phone. It did work twice for a short time when testing without props but I couldn't get it to work again. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading.

What device (S6 Galaxy/iPad/etc), what version (Adriod v6.../iOs v10....) what app (GO/Litchi/etc), what app version. what drone FW version ??

Assuming everything is connected, you mean you dont even get a video signal to your phone with the drone on the ground next to your controller??

What device (S6 Galaxy/iPad/etc), what version (Adriod v6.../iOs v10....) what app (GO/Litchi/etc), what app version. what drone FW version ??

Assuming everything is connected, you mean you dont even get a video signal to your phone with the drone on the ground next to your controller??

I am using an i-pad and an i-Phone 6s. Both devices act the same even sitting along side the drone. I am using DGI Go.

One thing I didn't mention. I get all the information on the iPhone screen except the video that the camera sees and of course "No Image Transmission Signal" message. I can fly the drone except I can't see on the screen what the camera sees. I can take stills and video, but I just don't know what the camera is looking at. Since I use the camera to determine what direction the drone is looking at when the drone is at a good distance away, I'm afraid to fly the drone too far away. Since I use it as a camera and not a flying plaything, it is not much use to me without seeing on my screen what the camera is seeing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is of any use, but when I first got my P3S, I had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 6S. In my case I needed to go out into the open away from any steel, wifi or electrical inteference, shut down any apps in the background and switch the device to airplane mode. I sold it in the end due to range issues, but never had the problem pop up again once I moved away from the house and basically away from the surrounding congested area where I used to fly.

I am using an i-pad and an i-Phone 6s. Both devices act the same even sitting along side the drone. I am using DGI Go.
Not sure if this is of any use, but when I first got my P3S, I had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 6S. In my case I needed to go out into the open away from any steel, wifi or electrical inteference, shut down any apps in the background and switch the device to airplane mode. I sold it in the end due to range issues, but never had the problem pop up again once I moved away from the house and basically away from the surrounding congested area where I used to fly.

Thank you for the information. The problem occurs with my iPad mini and with the 6S. I read a comment from someone who was experiencing the same problem who said if the controller was turned on first, then connect the phone to the wifi, start the DJI Go app, then turn on the drone, that will work. I tried it and it DID work a few times but not every time, but a sometime is better than no time.

Thank you for the information. The problem occurs with my iPad mini and with the 6S. I read a comment from someone who was experiencing the same problem who said if the controller was turned on first, then connect the phone to the wifi, start the DJI Go app, then turn on the drone, that will work. I tried it and it DID work a few times but not every time, but a sometime is better than no time.
My memory fails me with the PS3 but I turned the drone on first, then the controller and finally the device app. Same with subsequent Phantoms and it works every time. I stand to be corrected.

iPad mini and with the 6S.

I have used both (with my P3S) and never even think about the order I turn things on. Have you tried relinking your controller?

What version of FW are you on? If you dont want to update to the latest, download the *.bin file of the currently installed FW version, copy it on your (freshly formatted) SD card and start everything up. Its a long short but maybe the controller and drone FW versions are out of synch, The only time I came close to your problem was when I got a new controller. It would connect no problem but had no video nor could I control the gimbal. After placing the drone FW version *.bin (in my case this was P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin) on my SD I got a message saying I had an update. The process literally took seconds to update after which all was well. Worth a shot.

I have read online about many complaints of no transmission signal that go back a few years, but no answers. It is strange that this problem has been going on for a couple of years and no one apparently has found an answer to the problem
It seems to me that the answer has been frequently noted to be a bad gimbal board. Have you seen those posts?

I have used both (with my P3S) and never even think about the order I turn things on. Have you tried relinking your controller?

What version of FW are you on? If you dont want to update to the latest, download the *.bin file of the currently installed FW version, copy it on your (freshly formatted) SD card and start everything up. Its a long short but maybe the controller and drone FW versions are out of synch, The only time I came close to your problem was when I got a new controller. It would connect no problem but had no video nor could I control the gimbal. After placing the drone FW version *.bin (in my case this was P3C_FW_V01.08.0100.bin) on my SD I got a message saying I had an update. The process literally took seconds to update after which all was well. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the information. I am a real novice and really don't understand your advice. I don't know how to determine what version of FW that I am on. I did find the version of DJI Go that I have on my ipad and iphone. Last night when I used the sequence of controller on, iPad on and drone on I got a good contact about 3 out of 4 tries. Today, using the same order, the contact always has "No image transmission signal" displayed and no picture on the iPad or iPhone of what the camera sees. All other operations such as video, stills and camera tilt input are normal, just no view of what the camera is seeing. The map seems normal. I just don't understand why so many users have the same problem, but there is no answer. This problem just started on its own and not associated with any upgrades or crashes. I have since upgrated to the new software, but the problem started before the upgrade. I appreciate your ideas for solving this problem.

It seems to me that the answer has been frequently noted to be a bad gimbal board. Have you seen those posts?

I have seen some comments about a defective board and a particular item on a board that is prone to be affected by heat. I don't know if that is the problem or a way to determine IF that is the problem.

I came across this yesterday. My problem was I had been viewing the SD card on my PC then saved some other photos while I was using the computer. I accidentally saved them to the SD card. This morning I tried to use that SD card in my P4P again. Received the same message. Then I deleted the other pictures that were accidentally saved on the card then slipped it into the P4P. It worked fine!

I came across this yesterday. My problem was I had been viewing the SD card on my PC then saved some other photos while I was using the computer. I accidentally saved them to the SD card. This morning I tried to use that SD card in my P4P again. Received the same message. Then I deleted the other pictures that were accidentally saved on the card then slipped it into the P4P. It worked fine!
Thanks for responding with your discovery. Unfortunately that doesn't pertain to my problem as I did not have any other pictures on my SD card and I had reformatted it several times and even used another SD card. I was on the phone with dji for an hour or two a couple of days ago and the dji rep was not able to solve the problem. The call ended up with dji telling me to send the unit back. I signed in to the website, got the "send the unit back" page, filled out the information and got a label to put on the UPS box. I packed the P3S into the box it came in, went to a UPS outlet, they put my box into another box with padding and charged me $4.29. The unit was bought under six months ago and hasn't crashed and is otherwise in good shape, so I hope it is covered by the guarantee.

Massguy... Thanks the info saved my bacon!

My problem was slightly different. I hadn't saved more files to the SD card, just simply renamed them before transferring them to my PC and forgot to delete them before putting it back into my P3S.

To fix it I put the card back into my PC, deleted the files and hey presto... I have live feed back.

Herbof, I know that this info is old now but did you sort the problem out? Just a thought... Did you format the sd card in the drone or did you do it through your PC? IF you did it through the PC it wont have the standard folder to place the pictures in, which may cause a similar issue.

I'm just a novice, only Level 18 with total distance of 91,051 metres. So everything I am suggesting is only guess work. Hope you sorted it

Massguy... Thanks the info saved my bacon!

My problem was slightly different. I hadn't saved more files to the SD card, just simply renamed them before transferring them to my PC and forgot to delete them before putting it back into my P3S.

To fix it I put the card back into my PC, deleted the files and hey presto... I have live feed back.

Herbof, I know that this info is old now but did you sort the problem out? Just a thought... Did you format the sd card in the drone or did you do it through your PC? IF you did it through the PC it wont have the standard folder to place the pictures in, which may cause a similar issue.

I'm just a novice, only Level 18 with total distance of 91,051 metres. So everything I am suggesting is only guess work. Hope you sorted it

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate you trying to help. The problem with my drone has been going on for two months now. I ended up sending it back to DJI to be fixed. They claimed it was caused by a broken antenna, fixed the antenna and sent it back. I paid for this fix. The antenna was better, but the "No transmission signal" still appeared and the iPad did not show what the drone camera was seeing. After hours on the phone and talking to several so called "helpers", I got authorization to send it back again for repair. This time they told me the "Phantom 3 Standard Wi-Fi Main Board V07" had to be replaced and the charge would be about $167. It took another several days to get them to honor the 6 month warranty as the problem occurred in the last month of warranty and this time they couldn't claim that I broke it. The problem started in June and as or August 25 I still am without a drone. I was told that I should get it within the next two weeks. I have been very disappointed with DJI's customer service to say the least. Customer service is very polite, but not very effective. Twice, after being on the phone for a long time and finally getting someone to talk to I was cut off. Really frustrating.

I bought a new camera for 219 worked good, then it started acting like my camera old camera. weak signal I pulled the memory card out of camera and put back in while bird on may have been my problem all along I intend to get a card with more memory. play with the memory card a little bit.turn control , bird, then cell onin that order.I have refuse to update as told SINCE LATEST SOFTWARE MAY BE CAUSING PROBLEM.

That is correct. No video on either an iPhone 6s or an iPad mini. Everything else works and the camera can take video and pics. The operator doesn't see what the camera is looking at. DJI is replacing "Phantom 3 Standard Wi-Fi Main Board V07". Every now and then, about one in 30, the picture comes on, suggesting a bad connection somewhere.

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem that you were. What should I do. I've tried all of the simple solutions you mentioned like reformatting the SD card; none seem to work. Should I get on the phone with customer support like you did?

I got my P4P and immediately pulled its USB board out and put the HDMI USB board from my P3P in the P4P. It worked like a charm in my P4P and got HDMI to boot. I put the USB card from my P4P into my P3P and got the problem where the app would no longer launch. I could fly the P3P but was totally manual. I had a great shoot in NM over the past three days with the P4P. Now that I'm back in TX I put the original USB boards back into their respective aircraft and checked the P4P first. It was fine and in perfect working order. The P3P, however, now launches the app but intermittently shows a partial picture mixed with Green bands but mostly says "Aircraft disconnected". Prior to downloading the most current firmware once I changed the boards the first time, Both aircraft worked perfectly. But like today....after putting its original USB board, I started up my P4P controller and then the aircraft. When I fired up my iPad air, I noticed both the DJI GO and the DJI GO4 apps were updating. I had no choice in the matter. But right now I have a working P4P and a P3p that's a boat anchor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen