No image after storage, P3P

Reaction score
I'm on original FW and Pilot app (not a typo). My P3P WAS absolutely perfect with zero issues so l kept it as it was with no updates. After being stored for months it will fly, get plenty sats, and transmit data. lt'll even take pictures/video, but there is no image on the ipad.
l'm pretty sure l'm euchred with updating, it's just too old and there are too many stepping stones that would be skipped, so if anyone can think of a fix to try l'd appreciate it.

P3P 1.1.6, Pilot app 1.1.1
ipad same FW as when drone was bought (l don't have it here to check)

l tried re-binding, new lightning cable, power cycling, starting up in different sequence, tightening connections between gimbal and camera, enabled debugging, new SD card.
The only thing l can think of that l didn't try was delete and re-download app - because l can't do that. l would get GO app and it isn't compatible...
Any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

RC firmware?
IOS version? If recent iOS version, Pilot might not be compatible.

RC firmware?
IOS version? If recent iOS version, Pilot might not be compatible.
Thanks for the reply.
The RC is still on whatever FW it came with (l'll check version tomorrow when l have it here), and the iOS version is the same as when it was bought - l bought it at the same time as the P3P and it is dedicated only to flying, it's never been updated.

Maybe DJI has done something to force you to update it.

Like you, I ignored all the updates with my P3P and had no problems until one day I had the same problem as you. I reluctantly went through the update to get my firmware back where it should be. It wasn't really that difficult, with the aid of some directions here on the site. I was surprised to see that everything worked again after the update. Give it a try and I think you'll soon be flying with video again.

Like you, I ignored all the updates with my P3P and had no problems until one day I had the same problem as you. I reluctantly went through the update to get my firmware back where it should be. It wasn't really that difficult, with the aid of some directions here on the site. I was surprised to see that everything worked again after the update. Give it a try and I think you'll soon be flying with video again.
Thank you, at least that gives me hope it'll get in the air again, l was ready to write it off. l'll try to find a visual/FW flow of copter, RC, batteries, Pilot/G, ans iOS between then and now and try to step each up so they're matched all the way up.

Maybe DJI has done something to force you to update it.
They've known for a long time that a few month's idle time does bad things to the Phantom, but they couldn't do anything to mine after manufacture, it's never been updated and the ipad has never been online, l didn't even get any "update required" messages, everything was perfect until it came out of hibernation.

The forced update was against the Android due to 3.1.2 having a bad RC home point bug. It would read RC location about 2 miles WNW of where you actually were.

I'm on original FW and Pilot app (not a typo). My P3P WAS absolutely perfect with zero issues so l kept it as it was with no updates. After being stored for months it will fly, get plenty sats, and transmit data. lt'll even take pictures/video, but there is no image on the ipad.
l'm pretty sure l'm euchred with updating, it's just too old and there are too many stepping stones that would be skipped, so if anyone can think of a fix to try l'd appreciate it.

P3P 1.1.6, Pilot app 1.1.1
ipad same FW as when drone was bought (l don't have it here to check)

l tried re-binding, new lightning cable, power cycling, starting up in different sequence, tightening connections between gimbal and camera, enabled debugging, new SD card.
The only thing l can think of that l didn't try was delete and re-download app - because l can't do that. l would get GO app and it isn't compatible...
Any suggestions appreciated. Thx.

If you have not yet updated your P3P firmware here are up to date directions from the site:

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Same happened to me. When you look at the wifi channels does it show a load of red spikes saying poor transmission? I even tried manually selecting a channel but it didn't help.
I can't see how it can be a problem as my phone doesn't even have a sim in it so no connection to the outside world.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4