No home point?

Reaction score
Hey folks, so I got my Phantom 3 standerd today and went for the first flight, I LOVE IT! but am having an issue with the home point. When I start the Ph 3 it says "setting home poi...." and won't complete the sentence......I thought no big deal until I pressed return to home when it was way out there and it went in to the landing sequence without returning to home, literally just started descending where it was at that point in the flight! I cancelled and brought it back and landed it manually without any mishaps but would love to use the feature "return to home". Any ideas on what the issue is? Thanks y'all.

Did you check your flight log to see if it indicates what happened? If not, you can upload and view your TXT flight log online here. If you'd like other people to comment on it, please post a link back here after you upload it.

Did you check your flight log to see if it indicates what happened? If not, you can upload and view your TXT flight log online here. If you'd like other people to comment on it, please post a link back here after you upload it.
I just tried to upload the flight and it won't allow me, I'm sorry I am still very much a novice at this lol.

You can attach your TXT flight log here too.

There are settings in DJI Go that determine what happens during RTH. It can be set to hover. It can be set to land where it is. It can be set to move to the home point. Check your settings.

There are settings in DJI Go that determine what happens during RTH. It can be set to hover. It can be set to land where it is. It can be set to move to the home point. Check your settings.

You sir are correct lol thank you for your feedback and help. Problem fixed.

That's misleading. RTH is just that, return to home. You can't change RTH, but you can change features to use RTH or not.
Fail-safe, what it should do if signal is lost, is configurable to either hover, land, or RTH.
You can also enable/disable smart RTH where RTH is triggered with a 10 second notification delay when it is calculated the AC is nearing a point of no return based on distance and remaining battery power.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

You sir are correct lol thank you for your feedback and help. Problem fixed.

it is critical that you verify that the home point is set and set before takeoff
especially if you intend or expect to need RTH.

the more open an area with good horizon view will get best GPS count

also make sure you set RTH to a altitude that is safe to return at.

good luck and have fun flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj