Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No green flashing LEDs?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by rhone2412, Jul 9, 2014.

1. rhone2412

I purchased my P2 last week and on the initial flight I had the green LEDs signaling a gps lock... Ever since then I can only get flashing yellow LEDs which indicates flight wo/gps... I'm afraid to fly it without the gps as a fail safe... Any suggestions?

2. Pull_Up

Re: No green flashing LEDs?

You don't need the GPS lock to fly - it will still hold height and orientation, but will drift with the wind rather than hold station and won't be able to return to home. Try flying in a different area and see if you can get a lock. Alternatively pick a calm day and take her up to about 100ft above your current launch site and see if you can get flashing greens up there with a clearer view of the sky. If you're new to piloting then it's probably worth taking the aircraft elsewhere where you can get a good lock while you learn the ropes.

3. rhone2412

OK I finally figured out that I need to be outside to get a gps lock... My other question would be if I want it return "home", is that where I started the flight or where I am currently located with my remote.. The reason why I ask is because what if I'm in a moving object, like a boat, and I want it to return home

4. poostik

Re: No green flashing LEDs?

It's wherever you established your home point.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but for your own sake and the sake of others around you, you should read your manual.

5. rhone2412

OK thanks