No GPS

Reaction score
Here is what has happened to my phantom over the course of 3 months. I droped the controler in Chicago, broke off the flight mode gnob (gps, atti, atti gps). It must have broke off stuck in gps mode though because gps mode still worked.
Took it to Arizona. Blew an ECM board and had to replace it. I think I plugged the gps back in but its not working. Then I took apart the controler to try to get the gnob fixed. I fixed the gnob.
Every time I turn on the copter on it just blinks yellow. Even when I flicker the gps gnob all the way down I still get blinking yellow. I tried flicking it up and down 10 times but gps calibration mode never enters. Any ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Have you connected an IOSD and vTX so you can see if it's aquiring any satellites at all?

If you broke the GPS, ATTI switch are you sure it's not stuck in Failsafe RTH mode (which would be the bottom position on that switch). This would cause the yellows only to flash.

When you said you blew the ECM board.... what happened? Is there a chance that the GPS module is also screwed?

Just some ideas.....

I'd venture to guess the gnob is gnot working properly. Check the gnob fungtion in the phangtom assistant software. :D

goldfishrock said:
Have you connected an IOSD and vTX so you can see if it's aquiring any satellites at all?

If you broke the GPS, ATTI switch are you sure it's not stuck in Failsafe RTH mode (which would be the bottom position on that switch). This would cause the yellows only to flash.

When you said you blew the ECM board.... what happened? Is there a chance that the GPS module is also screwed?

Just some ideas.....

The ecm board just went bad, the motor wouldn't spin correctly. Replaced that. I did unplug the compas (which was very hard to unplug) and then plugged that back in. Im going to take it apart. Any ideas where to start my trouble shooting. I guess if I can't get it into calibration mode that means something is screwy in my controler still no? I thought the gps mode gnob was fixed. Its clicking again. But maybe not.

Maybe does anyone know where to buy some controller parts (if its the controler thats broken.

adamgoodsell46 said:
Any ideas where to start my trouble shooting. I guess if I can't get it into calibration mode that means something is screwy in my controler still no? I thought the gps mode gnob was fixed. Its clicking again. But maybe not

Ian's idea was a good one. Plug in to your computer, run the assistant software and see if the switches and knobs are working. That's the best place to start and you'll soon know if one of them is stuck.

goldfishrock said:
adamgoodsell46 said:
Any ideas where to start my trouble shooting. I guess if I can't get it into calibration mode that means something is screwy in my controler still no? I thought the gps mode gnob was fixed. Its clicking again. But maybe not

Ian's idea was a good one. Plug in to your computer, run the assistant software and see if the switches and knobs are working. That's the best place to start and you'll soon know if one of them is stuck.

Plug in the controler or the coptor? Im assuming the controler.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl