No gps

Reaction score
Hello guys!
Have a Phantom 1
Have no contact with satellites at startup - flashes just atti mode(slow yellow).
In Naza program it says : Need GPS.
Impossible to entry compass calibration mode.
Have 5 volts to the GPS card.
Have 3 volts in GPS battery.
Gps antenna looks great.
Could it be the compass that is Broken?
/Harald fr.o.m. sweden

Hello, i have a month ago the same problem. I verify the connectors to compass, gps will not work with compass unless receive. I have make a to demagnetize the compass with a little magnet no so near to the compass. Be carefull with magnet. I hope it's can help you

Reactions: Midwestquads
Thanks!
I have tried that-no response in naza program-no compass value.
And IT says gps firmware and software: 0.0.0.0.??????

It seems to be a gps corrupt if naza program dosen't see ths gps module and see the others components, i think try an other gps to confirm. sorry no more idea, good search

I have read that when a component is changed, a ten minutes minimum must be wait to have a clean try on the errors phantom. Make a dysconnect and reconnect immediately is not optimised.

Reactions: Tudor
I had exactly the same problem after changing an ESC......it turns out that I had forgot to plug the compass cable back to the GPS. Check both ends of the compass cable to make sure they are plugged in securely.

www.wynotweb.com
Click the button which says FIX THE COMPASS to watch a video on using a magnet on the compass.

Tudor, you are confusing me. How do you know there are 5 volts here and 3 volts there? Are those the proper voltages for the respective items?

GPS is this.

Compass is that.

The bird will fly without either or both. It just won't fly itself very well if you take either away.

You have liked previous posts. Did you fix the problem? It does sound like there are some items unplugged. :eek:

Connection between the Phantom and the Computer can be difficult sometimes. You must ensure a good connection before proceeding.

IflyinWy
No gps yet.
Ordered à new compass to test.(cheap[emoji3])
The gps is feeded with 5 volt from naza,
Gps has a little backup battery with 3v.
Checked all cables.
Get no value from compass but probably gps module broken.
-yes it flies but i def. Want gps lock[emoji5]️

GPS part might just be the antenna, it's like 10 bucks. Hope you're not worried about the Hundred or more for the full GPS unit. Yep, a new compass just might fix the problem. Keep it away from magnets and other crap which may contaminate it. It may just arrive contaminated, perhaps it sat in the UPS truck next to a box of Rare Earth Magnets... :eek:

Keep us posted, and while you're waiting for the compass, you may want to do a close visual on the GPS. :)

IflyinWy
No gps yet.
Ordered à new compass to test.(cheap[emoji3])
The gps is feeded with 5 volt from naza,
Gps has a little backup battery with 3v.
Checked all cables.
Get no value from compass but probably gps module broken.
-yes it flies but i def. Want gps lock[emoji5]️

Please share the solution with us, if in fact you are flying again.

Thanks very much. :)

Yes i will be back here
Just waiting for the antenna
Ordered from helipal
Delivers from hong kong!?

did you check and see if the gps antenna had a crack in it? Thats what was wrong with mine when this same thing happened to me. You can replace/upgrade the antenna for less than $10

did you check and see if the gps antenna had a crack in it? Thats what was wrong with mine when this same thing happened to me. You can replace/upgrade the antenna for less than $10

Yes i have checked that
The naza dont even find the firmware and software of the GPS-module so i think its broken.
Ordered one m8n gps to test.[emoji5]️

Now its working!
With the m8n gps mounted on top( outside the shell)
Pretty hard to calibrate compass:
Horisontal works fine
Then wertikal i have to spin it like an airplane-prop.?

The 4mm antenna from digikey.com is only like 5 bucks. I recommend that. I replaced it in like 20 mins

I know, I bought the 4mm upgrade from ant-king but it still won't recognize it. Something on the gps module must be broken or I melted the gps board and can't get the ceramic gps contacts to meet with the gps board contacts.

So I gave up on the stock GPS and bought a $40 M8N Glonass GPS module from ebay which replaces the stock GPS and compass and works so much better. No more waiting minutes for sats to connect, now I get 10+ satellites within 20 seconds of boot! Very happy how this turned out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31