No GPS signal since first Power On!?

Reaction score
Hi Phantom Pilots,

just got my Phantom 3 Advanced yesterday.
Before the first start I updated all the firmware for all parts (remote, camera,...) with sucess.
I could also fly the drone but no matter what I do I never got any GPS signal so far and could only fly in P-OPTI mode.

There are no interferring objects - houses, trees, ... and I als did the compass calibration (which should not effect gps!?)

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

BR Martin

How long do you wait before taking off? Do you ever get a GPS signal after taking off?

Waited several minutes after compass calibration!
NEVER had any GPS signal so far - not on ground - not during flying!

Some minutes ago I talked to German DJI Service and they told me it is quite weird that my GPS signal does not show any number - I only see the satellite symbol + the bars but no number - not even 0!

As I do not have the Phantom in front of me right now I need to do some further checks in the evening, about what was told me from the service center!

I hope no one else has/had the problem but if yes please let me know how you solved it!
Thanks!

You can try to download the DJI Go app from DJI website. It will show the number of satellites once you have the original software from DJI. What device are you using? Are you on Android?

You can try to download the DJI Go app from DJI website. It will show the number of satellites once you have the original software from DJI. What device are you using? Are you on Android?

Sorry this was a missing information from my side:
I already use the DJI Go App on my Ipad Mini 3 --> the problem with no number for the signal occurs in this App! See attached image!

Attachments

• dji go app status.jpg
    dji go app status.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 494
Sorry this was a missing information from my side:
I already use the DJI Go App on my Ipad Mini 3 --> the problem with no number for the signal occurs in this App! See attached image!
Notice the GPS signal bar. Eventhough you have no satellites number displayed in app, do you have full bar when its ready and record the homepoint? I am saying this because when P3 was first released, there was a number of users who were not able to see satellites number on the app, that is because they downloaded the app from app store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). The problem is solved by downloading directly from DJI website and install it to your phone/tablet.

If there is no GPS signal, the GPS might not work and you might have a bad unit.

Notice the GPS signal bar. Eventhough you have no satellites number displayed in app, do you have full bar when its ready and record the homepoint? I am saying this because when P3 was first released, there was a number of users who were not able to see satellites number on the app, that is because they downloaded the app from app store (iOS) and Google Play (Android). The problem is solved by downloading directly from DJI website and install it to your phone/tablet.

No matter in which situation I never saw a full bar (not even one bar) and also record of home point was not possible!
I will try to reinstall the app, as I downloaded it directly from appstore - never did an app installation outside appstore, didn't even know that this is possible!

Thanks so far, for sure I will come with an update in the evening when I test it!

Martin

Sounds like a bad/disconnected GPS puck. Going to have to crack the shell to make sure. Alternatively send it back to DJI and wait months.

After the latest double check I also think there must be a hardware problem.
I waited 10 minutes again in really open space area and I did not get any signal again. (see screen shot of app)
The lights of the p3a are ok fronts with solid red and rear with blinking green - no more ideas what to try or to change!
Is it possible to reinstall the firmware?

Attachments

• IMG_0040.PNG
    IMG_0040.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 454
After the latest double check I also think there must be a hardware problem.
I waited 10 minutes again in really open space area and I did not get any signal again. (see screen shot of app)
The lights of the p3a are ok fronts with solid red and rear with blinking green - no more ideas what to try or to change!
Is it possible to reinstall the firmware?
If you aren't getting sats after 1 min in a wide open area there's something wrong, let alone 10 mins. Either crack the shell and install a new GPS puck (not even sure if they're for sale yet), or send it back.

If you aren't getting sats after 1 min in a wide open area there's something wrong, let alone 10 mins. Either crack the shell and install a new GPS puck (not even sure if they're for sale yet), or send it back.

Thanks for the feedback.
I will now check with the german support.
I will not open the shell of a 2 days "old" product, if there is really something broken I hope to get a new one immediately - I don't want to get a repaired product after I did not even use it - but we will see!

For sure I will post the result!

Unfortunately I have no info what the problem was (I guess a defect GPS module), but I get a new P3A which is alreay on the way!

I was a bit sceptic about the sercice of DJI as I did not read that much good things about it but I really want to say that DJI Europe did a fast and professional work here:

- Within 24h after my claim I already got the UPS sticker vor PICK UP
- 3 days later it arrived (1h after UPS Arrivall Email I already got info from DJI that I will get a new P3A with latest firmware....)
- Now I already have the new UPS code and the P3A should arrive within this week!

So finally it took about 1 week for the replacement - that is quite ok!
Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers