No GPS signal after a freshwater bath and upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,

I am not the only one, sure some of you will welcome me in the Phantom 3 Pro bathers... I should have train to non-GPS fly somewhere else than the river, but hey, lesson learnt.

It hit the bank, stopped (I think this is fortunate for the electronics), then fell in the water, it has not been completely submerged. It stayed in the water for 7 to 10 seconds, battery was barely wet (I took it off instantly, the other side of the Phantom was inside the water fortunately).

Did a extensive clean and dry, the only issue for now is condensation on the camera, I removed the back to let it dry.

I decided, before my test flight to upgrade to latest firmware, I have the latest on remote and device.

And no GPS signal now... And I haven't tested outside before the upgrade... Issue is then I have no clue if it is water damage or firmware issue. I struggled to do the firmware update on the device, it was loudly beeping, had to change SD and try to upgrade a couple of times. But finally done.

I took it for a non GPS test flight, with the same battery. All good so far. Apart from GPS.

What step do you suggest to do to know if it's a software issue or hardware issue? I was thinking about downgrading the firmware just to check but now clue how to do this.

Thxs for your help.
V.

All dried and downgraded, works like a charm.

However, I still have a little issue, inside the lens, there's a little dust or watermark, can see it on photo and videos. Can the front lens be dismounted or need to take off all the inside camera to clean the back of the lens on the inside?

Yes, there is a transparent UV filter in front that can be removed, but that need to know the trick, see:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If it is more inside the camera, there is this explanation to open it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
But this need really you know what you do and can remount it. If it is inside and the P3 is under warranty, better to ask DJI.

Refer to DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help for guides.

So if the phantom goes into water it might be ok? I thought about putting floats or something on it as a precaution..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31