no gps or usp or flashing yellow light

Reaction score
HI All need help
New to group Five days as a owner. Today was my 4th flight and things got out of control I ran into a palm tree . I thought I was lucky no major damage other then bent props and a 10 foot fall. Here is where I am now the GPS is unstable at best. When I power up it makes the sound and the led light flash but no action from the rear light is unresponsive. I also tried to connect with the USB and it will not connect now I’m dead in the water, what I need is a path forward.

old5town said:
HI All need help
New to group Five days as a owner. Today was my 4th flight and things got out of control I ran into a palm tree . I thought I was lucky no major damage other then bent props and a 10 foot fall. Here is where I am now the GPS is unstable at best. When I power up it makes the sound and the led light flash but no action from the rear light is unresponsive. I also tried to connect with the USB and it will not connect now I’m dead in the water, what I need is a path forward.

If you're unable to connect to the NAZA with the USB, you first want to make sure it's not your computer, and that you have the correct drivers installed.
If it still won't connect, might want to open it up to make sure the USB cable is still connected inside (sometimes you can look into the battery compartment and see.).
if everything is still connected properly, and you're still unable to connect, about the only thing you can do is contact your dealer and get it fixed.

The same thing happened to me last week. I purchased a new Phantom, did a couple of quick flights in my yard after calibrating the IMU (it was so badly out of cal on arrival that it wouldn't fly). I wanted to turn on the IOC, but when I tried to reconnect to the PC, the USB was dead. I considered opening the unit to see if it was just disconnected, but was afraid that might void the warranty. Called the vendor who had me return it and they overnighted a new Phantom which arrived the next afternoon.

UPDATE
I'm back and flying again I finally decided to remove the top and try to find the problem. After poking around for a while much to my surprise I found a loose connector that runs from rear led to the red IMU unite. At first glance it appeared to be plugged in but in reality you can't judge by the appearance you have to touch and wiggle. Every thing is fine now We are up again.
old5town

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic