No GPS mode on SW1

Reaction score
Hi All

Ok weird on this one. I noticed that my DJI controller does not activate GPS mode when you flick the S1 switch to GPS mode - It actually sticks to ATTI - Position 2 is ATTI as well....

When you hit position 3 - It activates FAILSAFE - GPS mode.... Wierd ?!?

Is there anything one can do to reset it all... I have done all the firmware upgrades on the Drone and the controller... SO they are all on the same level

I have also noticed that my Phantom 2 recently does not hold its position, but starts to float in circles that gradually get bigger... This is even if you are on a sports field. I have recalibrated the Compass - Still does the same - Any one ever had this

I am sure I am missing something here

In the Assist software, check to see what the switches are doing. Go to the 'Basic' screen and you should be able to toggle them watching what they are doing. The control mode is the one you are particularly intersted in.

The top position will revert to ATTI if the GPS unit is not sending data to the FC. The cable between the GPS and the main board could be unplugged, damaged or the GPS module is malfunctioning.

goldfishrock is alluding to a [possible] bad switch.

N017RW said:
goldfishrock is alluding to a [possible] bad switch.

Yup. Check to make sure the switch itself is doing what it's meant to. Going back 12 months or so on here there were reports to faulty switches.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl