No gps mode need help!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this site and new to the phantom. I have the fc40 version and I'm having a few issues with it. It won't going into gps mode. It flies perfectly fine in atti mode but I'm not a very experienced flier yet so I need the gps features. When I plug it into the NAZA-M assistant it has no gps reading and will not allow fail safe to work. I bought a new compass thinking that was the issue but it didn't fix it. It's had no hard wrecks. I really need some help! Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this site and new to the phantom. I have the fc40 version and I'm having a few issues with it. It won't going into gps mode. It flies perfectly fine in atti mode but I'm not a very experienced flier yet so I need the gps features. When I plug it into the NAZA-M assistant it has no gps reading and will not allow fail safe to work. I bought a new compass thinking that was the issue but it didn't fix it. It's had no hard wrecks. I really need some help! Thanks

Welcome to the party Travb,

There's a search link in my signature that works really well.

Have you ever had the GPS working?
Maybe you should open it up and see if it's plugged in properly. Make sure to use the proper size tools, which are NOT MAGNETIC. The little tiny screw at the end of each arm strips very easily. :eek:

Please include any information which may be helpful when you reply. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the party Travb,

There's a search link in my signature that works really well.

Have you ever had the GPS working?
Maybe you should open it up and see if it's plugged in properly. Make sure to use the proper size tools, which are NOT MAGNETIC. The little tiny screw at the end of each arm strips very easily. :eek:

Please include any information which may be helpful when you reply. :)
I checked underneath and made sure the gps was all pugged in. Everything as far as I can tell is plugged in well. I don't recall it ever working. But when I first tried flying the thing, I wasn't very aware as to what the LEDs meant.

It could be your S1 switch is broken or has a detached wire. If you have access to another remote you could bind it to your FC40 and test it.

Reactions: IflyinWY
If it's been dropped on it's head, the GPS puck could be broken. Did you remove the shielding and remove the GPS assembly from the lid to inspect it?
Some folks have found that to be the case. You can find it, if you search, for like $10.

It could be your S1 switch is broken or has a detached wire. If you have access to another remote you could bind it to your FC40 and test it.
I don't think that could be it because when I plug it in to the software it registers when I flick the switch

If it's been dropped on it's head, the GPS puck could be broken. Did you remove the shielding and remove the GPS assembly from the lid to inspect it?
Some folks have found that to be the case. You can find it, if you search, for like $10.
I pulled it out to look at the puck and it wasn't cracked, it did seem kind of discolored though

I pulled it out to look at the puck and it wasn't cracked, it did seem kind of discolored though

I think you found the problem. Just guessing, but I've not heard of a discolored puck before.

I think you found the problem. Just guessing, but I've not heard of a discolored puck before.
I'm really not sure if it is the problem. I'm hoping it is. The gps gets really hot fast. So it's almost like it fried the puck. But I'm not sure

I'm really not sure if it is the problem. I'm hoping it is. The gps gets really hot fast. So it's almost like it fried the puck. But I'm not sure
I never feel heat on the top of my bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik