No GPS at all

Reaction score
Flew my P2V+ V3 a couple of batteries night before last with everything working perfectly. Went out to fly it last night and it wouldn't receive any GPS signal at all. Quad went through POST and immediately started flashing slow yellow lights and never stopped. Any ideas?

Try plugging it back into the PC and confirm you don't have a switch failure on the controller and it's stuck in ATTI mode. Calibrate the switches while your at it I guess...

Try plugging it back into the PC and confirm you don't have a switch failure on the controller and it's stuck in ATTI mode. Calibrate the switches while your at it I guess...

To be in ATTI it would have to be in naza-m not phantom mode

The quad is in naza-m, GPS. IMU checks out. Controller has been calibrated without being hooked to computer - stand-alone. Compass goes to flashing yellow instead of green after vertical spin. Switches all test fine in Assistant. I'm baffled.

If you plug the Phantom into a PC and run the Assistant software, do you see the version number for the GPS (under the upgrade tab)? If not, then it's perhaps come disconnected from the main board.

If all else fails, open it up and look at the GPS antenna and make sure it's not cracked.

To be in ATTI it would have to be in naza-m not phantom mode
(This is not correct. Atti mode is always available. It's course-lock/home-lock that reqiure Naza mode.)

You did verify that the GPS version shows up in the Assistant? And you did test for satellites again outside, as a sanity check? If so, then I'm out of ideas, aside from sending it in for repair.

(This is not correct. Atti mode is always available. It's course-lock/home-lock that reqiure Naza mode.)

You did verify that the GPS version shows up in the Assistant? And you did test for satellites again outside, as a sanity check? If so, then I'm out of ideas, aside from sending it in for repair.

Have it your way. I know better and the difference.

Last edited:
Have it your way. I now better and the difference.
I looked this up and I see that you are indeed correct: You have to be in Naza mode to be able to manually select Atti flight mode using the S1 switch.

I guess I never used Phantom mode long enough to know that. I had thought that, as far as S1 goes, Phantom/Naza mode only affected the 3rd position.

I looked this up and I see that you are indeed correct: You have to be in Naza mode to be able to manually select Atti flight mode using the S1 switch.

I guess I never used Phantom mode long enough to know that. I had thought that, as far as S1 goes, Phantom/Naza mode only affected the 3rd position.

I like many others assumed that the second position on S1 was ATTI in the Phantom mode. Normally I fly in GPS and if I'm out 500 meters and loss sight or am distracted I'll switch Failsafe (RTH) and retake control when it's within sight. Then one day while in the backyard doing some test I decided to switch it to what I thought was ATTI but the LED's didn't change from green to yellow as they should when in ATTI mode.

So like yourself I did a little research an sure enough I was in the wrong mode. After switching over to the Naza-M mode and checking to make sure everything worked correctly but I did not switch on IOC as I haven't a need for it.

You might question why no IOC. Well since I am videographer and only fly LOS I know where i'm at and the P2 is just another tool in my kit so I really had no need for IOC.

So don't feel bad about making the same mistake that many others before you have made.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj