No Go on DJI Go

G

GeoFreezeFrame

Got my new P3S yesterday. Tried to register on DJI Go using my iPhone 4S with iOS9, but the
registration fails and freezes on ' Confirm your Account'.... So, a No-Go here and no flying...
Apart from the question if it is legal ( here in NL/Europe ) to sell a product which will not work
unless some private info is passed on to the seller - this stinks...!
Asked for help at DJI, no answer.
I did not spend my money only to get a product that will not work.
I was proud to have a DJI product, but that feeling evaporated quickly...
Should have bought a Yuneec instead...

There could be an issue in the fact that DJI's website clearly states a minimum of an iPhone 5S
"ios: iPhone 5s,iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air、 iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 2、 iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad Air 2、iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 3 及 iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus."
Source: Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO | DJI

Were you connected to Wifi at the time or still connected to the Standard?

What private information is being passed to DJI? Your name? How many UK websites ask for a name to register? Millions?

Since thousands and thousands of Standard owners are able to register and use their Phantom, chances are good that you are simply doing something wrong. Just need to figure out what,

Got my new P3S yesterday. Tried to register on DJI Go using my iPhone 4S with iOS9, but the
registration fails and freezes on ' Confirm your Account'.... So, a No-Go here and no flying...
Apart from the question if it is legal ( here in NL/Europe ) to sell a product which will not work
unless some private info is passed on to the seller - this stinks...!
Asked for help at DJI, no answer.
I did not spend my money only to get a product that will not work.
I was proud to have a DJI product, but that feeling evaporated quickly...
Should have bought a Yuneec instead...
Try another device, I've never been able to get my bird to connect to the 4s

Try another device, I've never been able to get my bird to connect to the 4s
This is likely because the 4S does not support 5.8 GHz WiFi connections, which the Standard uses for data transmission. (Again, the 5S is the minimum recommended iPhone by DJI).

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found that out later. Now I'm looking for an iPad mini2.
Like I said- I should have bought a Yuneec... Hopefully my pride of owning a P3S will someday return,
but as of now I'm very pissed.

This is likely because the 4S does not support 5.8 GHz WiFi connections, which the Standard uses for data transmission. (Again, the 5S is the minimum recommended iPhone by DJI).
Yeah, I know.

I've got a p3a. Can open app, connect to dji but never been able to get camera view to connect, it doesn't register as connected.

4s doesn't have the processing power nor no where near enough system ram .ipad mini 2 even though supported barely has enough oomph in it to run Dji go imho. My iPhone 6s handles the job a lot better than iPad mini2

Camera view does connect, and works properly ( hence my frustration ) but then gets overrided by the registration process, which does go well too, but stalls
on the very last screen: 'Confirm your Account'.
All I'm saying is: for an advertised 'beginners' drone there's not much guidance about, is there? You buy one, and then you need to upgrade something else.
So, I'm saying: buy a Yuneec to save you a lot of grief...
And no, I'm not an absolute beginner - have flown bigscale R/C for 30 years. But this is crazy.
Market a beginner's drone with a semi-pro halo about it, but only in the tiny lettering there's a note about a very limited choice of mobile platforms....
That stinks, I think.

Binned the sucker. Lost 500 euros. No DJI ever again for me.
Bye
You, sir, seem to be an unprecedentedly stubborn person who refuses to even try any of our suggestions to try another device. Use a friends' phone or tablet if your 'newest' device is a close to 6 year old phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1