No Free Battery

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom Vision a couple of months ago during a free battery promotion by DJI, however the dealer that I bought mine from did not honor the free battery offer. When I contacted DJI about this, I was advised that not all dealers have to participate in the program. I was hoping that DJI would make things right and send me a second battery once I proved that I purchased the Vision during the promotional period. No such luck. In fact they kind of gaffed me off which surprised me as I had just bought there product at the tune of 1200 bucks. I guess I could have sent it back to the dealer I bought it from, but I was so happy to finally have it, I wasn't going to let a 160 dollar battery break the deal. I only wish that DJI would have been a bit more supportive about it. It was their promotion, they should have made it right.

I am a little bit put out that with all of the members of this forum, that NOBODY has any input on my post. Kinda feel like I wasted my time posting it. Am I wrong to post something that might cast a negative light on DJI? I love my Phantom and have never had any negative issues with it. I just felt that DJI should have been obligated to live up to their own promotion. Would have been nice to hear some other opinions though.

Not much can be said DJI is about 50/50 on treating people right seems it is all on who you talk to I for one have tried to talk to them about getting some info on killing the power that charges the gopro on the P2/H3-2D but the person I talked to told me it can not be done and would not tell me what each wire did .
If I was you back when you seen that the dealer you got your bird from was not giving the free battery I would have sent it back and got it from a good dealer like B&H . Some dealers where taking the free battery and selling it just straight up greedy .

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I'm not sure what to say. I agree with 750r, once you found out the dealer didn't honor, or wasn't participating in, the offer, $160 would have definitely gotten me to ship it back for a full refund (or appeal to my credit card), and buy it from a dealer honoring it.

Maybe DJI could have published a list of dealers taking part in the program (no idea if they did that)?

I'm moving this thread to the P2V forum, more owners (and partakers of the free battery offer) will probably see and respond to it there.

I certainly hesitated to comment but since you insist...
When you make your purchase you have to check on what the dealer you buying it from is offering. If they said they included a free battery than your problem is with the dealer. If they did not mention a free battery than that is your mistake. Either way this isn't DJI's problem unless you bought it directly from them.

So if you bought a toyota car off a dealer and he didnt give you free foot mats would you write to toyota head office and expect them to send them out to you? I dont think people commented on your post because there was nothing to comment on. You bought from a shop that wasnt participating in the deal, how is that DJI's fault? :roll:

Timmish said:
I am a little bit put out that with all of the members of this forum, that NOBODY has any input on my post. Kinda feel like I wasted my time posting it. Am I wrong to post something that might cast a negative light on DJI? I love my Phantom and have never had any negative issues with it. I just felt that DJI should have been obligated to live up to their own promotion. Would have been nice to hear some other opinions though.

Ok, I will be the d!ck. Call me over sensitive, but I take offense to this remark. Especially since so many people here are so helpful.

What do you want us to say?
Pamper you?
Cry for you?
Your post warranted no response. It didn't ask a question. It was strictly a comment. All of which was directed at an experience through a 3rd party vendor and then DJI. But like many offers, not all stores participate in the same deals. So it's not DJI's responsibility to pick up the slack for the lack of research you did on the vendor you bought the Phantom from.

I was a bit put off by the sentiment towards the members here too, but I understand the OP is frustrated and may just need to vent. Sometimes we all just need to take a step back and reflect on the situation. Hopefully he's doing that now as well, and I think we've made quite clear that there's some personal responsibility and choices made leading up to this! Let's not blow it up too much in his face :)

Here's what I think. ALWAYS go for the extra battery deal when buying one of these things. I did when I purchased from B&H, and it was very nice to fly with 2 batteries. Of course one was rendered useless in a crash so now I'm down to 1 battery and let me tell you, it sucks. So yes, always get the extra battery...now here's a vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJQAIcFDCko

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers