No FPV on Phantom Vision 2

I get all of the information, all of the telemetry: speed, altitude, distance, satellites, etc. Video, pictures and gimbal all work. Where the FVP video normally appears I get a spinning disk. Wi-Fi range is normal. Everything works except FPV.

I have reset the range extender and the camera (and re-installed the camera firmware) multiple times.

I brought it to a hobby shop in Markham that sells DJI and they tried several things including using their own iPhone; they were stumped.

The thing about the spinning disk sounds really freaky.

Is it like some kind of icon or some thing? any way to take a video or pic of the screen with the spinning disk?

J.James said:
The thing about the spinning disk sounds really freaky.

Is it like some kind of icon or some thing? any way to take a video or pic of the screen with the spinning disk?
This is what he's talking about . Maybe with black screen though .

Attachments

• IMG_2947.PNG
    IMG_2947.PNG
    473.5 KB · Views: 703
rickmc try this .. go ahead and set everything up and when you have the black screen power off bird and pull battery then reinsert and power back on and restart app and see what happens .

Hum I have seen that spining disk thing before when trying to connect. But usually just for a few seconds.

But the screen looks completely different then it ever does in my app.

J.James said:
Hum I have seen that spining disk thing before when trying to connect. But usually just for a few seconds.

But the screen looks completely different then it ever does in my app.
That's just the way I got the screenshot to get the cog . Did it from album not main screen .

The spinning disk is a standard Apple thing - appears on Apple products when they are busy (e.g. during startup). I see it, in the FPV area, when I use my mini iPad to connect to the Phantom Vision. If I use my android Nexus 7 the FPV area just stays black.

dirkclod said:
rickmc try this .. go ahead and set everything up and when you have the black screen power off bird and pull battery then reinsert and power back on and restart app and see what happens .
I tried this dirkclod and it made no difference. The problem persists,

Just a suggestion, and I've no idea if this will work or not, but how about trying a different SD card or even formatting the one you have in your camera?

Yes, the spinning disk in your picture is what I see except of course it's on the FVP screen against a black background. I have also tried all of the recent suggestions but it's made no difference.

As suggested if I had another unit I could swap parts but unfortunately I don't know anyone that has one and I'm sure as heck not going to buy another one!

zenoshrdlu: Did you contact DJI support? If so, did they offer any useful advice? If you ever find the solution I sure would appreciate you letting me know.

Electric Warrior said:
Just a suggestion, and I've no idea if this will work or not, but how about trying a different SD card or even formatting the one you have in your camera?
Had not thought of that ! I do feel like there's just something simply we are overlooking !!

I've tried using another (smaller) card. Made no difference. I'm planning to send the camera back to the UK dealer I bought the Phantom from to see if they can find the fault.

I would contact the dealer first, make sure they just need the camera back.

zenoshrdlu said:
I've tried using another (smaller) card. Made no difference. I'm planning to send the camera back to the UK dealer I bought the Phantom from to see if they can find the fault.

Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm going to take the camera apart in the hopes that I'll find some physical issue.

I am having the same exact problem. Just wasted $1200. Not going to pay another $500 for a sub par quality camera to start with. I thought when I bought the unit it all was a 12 month warranty. Now the warranty info only shows 6 months on the camera.
Never again DJI!

iontb said:
I am having the same exact problem. Just wasted $1200. Not going to pay another $500 for a sub par quality camera to start with. I thought when I bought the unit it all was a 12 month warranty. Now the warranty info only shows 6 months on the camera.
Never again DJI!

Sorry that you are experiencing the same problems as me. I agree "Never again DJI"!

My experience with their customer service and support is horrible. They seem to be oblivious to the plethora of customer service complaints. They may be near the top of the market for now but poor customer service will undoubtedly allow another company to eat their lunch and force them to the bottom where they belong.

I took the camera apart and checked for something visually obvious but no luck. Still hoping that someone will find an easy fix!

Same problem here. have pv2 and original camera. I dont think its a hardware problem, dont damage your quad more by opening it, am sure it is a software or firmware problem, the only thing we need to try is how to revert back to the previous firmware, but i cannot see any info about that till now, but if you have find a solution please let me know.
I'm only getting black screen, can take photo and video, but cannot see anything. :(

Also have same problem have tried everything have all telemetry but no pictures a very expensive brick

Also have same problem have tried everything have all telemetry but no pictures a very expensive brick
An expensive brick that I don't want anymore. I will likely try to sell it but I'll get pennies on the dollar. Lots of people have experienced the same issue but DJI acts like they have no knowledge of the issue. All you get is their canned responses, try this, try that none of which solves the problem.

I did get this piece of advice. Pack it up, pay to get it shipped from my home in Toronto to an authorized dealer in Vancouver (there's no authorized dealer in Toronto go figure). They will work on the unit for $70/hour. No cost estimate on the repair. Then I can pay to have it shipped back to me (repaired or not). Now how's that for great customer service?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic