No Flyzone limits

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just wanted to know what would happen if I was on the edge of a 5 mile radius NFZ and strayed into it. The reason I ask is because I would like to film a lake but part of the lake is under the NFZ. My understanding is that you will be able to fly but at a low altitude. I don't intend go any higher than 200 feet. Would this be OK or not ?

Is the area you're worried about due to an airport? If so, then you'd be correct. If it's due to something else, then one of two things would happen:

Your aircraft will auto-land once it enters,

or

You won't be able to fly into it at all.

I'm not sure which applies because I don't know if they implemented my second point before DJI abandoned the P2 firmware upgrades

Isn't there some kind of override for this? Because WE ARE allowed to fly within 5 miles of an airport as long as we inform the airport. I'm doing it today, actually.

Martyn you should be fine then.

Gary - our P2s are two generations behind the times and there is no self-certification for P2s. But also the NFZs are a little different for us. So with the P2s, there is a graduating altitude that we can fly in for within 5 miles - in regards to airports. So 4-5 miles out, 200 or even 300 feet alititude should be fine.

But still, we must follow AC 9157A, which means we should advise the airport we are flying.

Martyn you should be fine then.

Gary - our P2s are two generations behind the times and there is no self-certification for P2s. But also the NFZs are a little different for us. So with the P2s, there is a graduating altitude that we can fly in for within 5 miles - in regards to airports. So 4-5 miles out, 200 or even 300 feet alititude should be fine.

But still, we must follow AC 9157A, which means we should advise the airport we are flying.

Yeah, I had a 40 minute conversation yesterday with the airport manager for today's flight. They actually asked more questions and wanted more information than any other airport I've contacted yet. It's good though, they're trying to work with us and I know I'm definitely trying to work with them and don't wanna piss anybody off.

If it's a Class A or B airport you will only get a warning within 5 miles. At 1.5 miles your props won't start and/or your Phantom will land.

If the airport is Class C or smaller, nothing will happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj