No fly

Reaction score
The go app doesn't even list this airport and with hours like this whaddya do if you want to fly your drone? The place I plan is roughly 3miles away
77bfbe622f84a7d1f40620a42673e29c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would call and leave a message. I'd be very specific about my plans for flying, distance and location relative to the airport, height and duration of my flight and of course my name. The FAA rule says you must "notify". And I think if there is no one there, you've done "Due Diligence" by leaving a message.

Reactions: LK8472 and yankee65
I'm unfamiliar with how the aviation industry works, but is this schedule essentially saying that the Air traffic control is only operating during those hours or is this the only time someone has time to answer a phone? I would also consult FlightStats for scheduled flights to and from the airport so that you can pick a time perhaps with less traffic for your own information.

If you want to fly in a no fly zone then you can email DJI [email protected] and they will send you two links to have a software 'gap' for 3 days in a specified location. You have to validate who you are but you can do it. Obviously just asking to do it for 'fun' isn't a reason. Im flying on a runway, for a long winded reason, so have the approval of the airport and ATC. ATC will still need to know if your somewhere in the path of air traffic. I haven't had to do that bit someone at the airport has but email them and it took a few days to get a reply. If your in air traffic then basically you need to think like a pilot.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20