No Fly Zones???

Reaction score
So with all the "official" apps and authorities out there on no fly areas (i.e. B4UFLY, Hover,Airmap,Drone Buddy on and on) Who am I listening to? My instinct tells me B4UFLY but I've seen so many people Sighting examples of errors that I'm not sure anymore. I'd hate to scope out a spot,plan a flight or a Litchi mission then drive there only to find out the motors won't arm and I've wasted my time. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Following the FAA guidance, B4UFLY will show heliports and smaller airports that *should* be notified if within a 5 mile radius of where you will be flying, if you are following the rules. I consider this to be the "official" app, since it is released by the governing authority. In the about page, they say that they are working on an electronic notification system, which would be great to have and would increase adoption.

I have notified quite a few airports and heliports (private, hospital, sky diving area), etc. with no issue at all. I don't understand why folks think that this Notify rule does not apply to them?

I am not picking a fight here, only stating the documented rules (for hobbyist UAV). My question would be for Commercial use, you have to Notify if within 5 miles of a tower, what if there is no tower (do you still need to notify heliports and airports with no tower?).

Bob

I also use AIRMAP, supposedly it is the source of the information that B4UFLY uses anyway.

Following the FAA guidance, B4UFLY will show heliports and smaller airports that *should* be notified if within a 5 mile radius of where you will be flying, if you are following the rules. I consider this to be the "official" app, since it is released by the governing authority. In the about page, they say that they are working on an electronic notification system, which would be great to have and would increase adoption.

I have notified quite a few airports and heliports (private, hospital, sky diving area), etc. with no issue at all. I don't understand why folks think that this Notify rule does not apply to them?

I am not picking a fight here, only stating the documented rules (for hobbyist UAV). My question would be for Commercial use, you have to Notify if within 5 miles of a tower, what if there is no tower (do you still need to notify heliports and airports with no tower?).

Bob

-----------------------------------------------
Sorry to bother you. I'll delete the post and cancel my forum membership. I know when I'm not welcome.

-----------------------------------------------
Sorry to bother you. I'll delete the post and cancel my forum membership. I know when I'm not welcome.
Not sure why you feel that way trebordet . I'm sure Robert didn't mean to offend you .
You are welcome here and if you have something on your mind just send me a message and I will see what
I can do for you .No need to leave this forum as there's to much good info here .

B4ufly has outdated info. I did not update my p3p to have geo fence because of this. Will continue to fly as always. No restrictions! But will fly by all safety guidelines as I always have!

B4ufly has outdated info. I did not update my p3p to have geo fence because of this. Will continue to fly as always. No restrictions! But will fly by all safety guidelines as I always have!

What update resulted in restrictions? There are no restrictions. There is information, however. This can also be disabled.

I don't see outdated info on B4UFly. It posts TFR's pretty quickly, ime. I live a a forest fire area and their TSR's go up quick. One in Walden, Colorado is up now (#6/6531) as of Sept.1 at 2200UTC for a forest fire area. Yet people still fly drones into these places and down the firefighting aircraft for 30 minutes while someone's house burns down. I can see states like CA getting more drone unfriendly with more legislation coming forward (i.e. Mandatory insurance, permits to fly, etc.). Our town came up with some anti-drone ordinance for a lot of city areas, especially parks.

I was searching as I found a error in my area reporting a Private Airport that has been closed for 30 plus years and is wooded over, but puts me in the 5 mile circle. Than the HeliPort on next to highway where there is not a Helipad. Hate to have DJI Software at some point enter this in there software as a NoFly.

There should be a way to report errors so FAA could check and Update there software.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl