no fly zones

Reaction score
is there any way to fly my phantom in no fly zone
i had this last time around 2.5 k from airport and on the app show no fly zone
can some give me a way to fly it

Why do you want to do that? It means its illegal.

i will not fly it in the airport im just around it away from it
I have just been reading where they have banned drones in many countries because of people like you that don't follow rules. Do you want them banned where you are too? Im a commercial operator and you are just making it very difficult for us. Its our living. Please show some responsibility.

i show responsibility to the rule I'm not against it but the the air port is near mountain where people take rest and enjoy so im setting far away from airport so please Im not from people who do not follow the rule so respect me
if you have an idea give me

i show responsibility to the rule I'm not against it but the the air port is near mountain where people take rest and enjoy so im setting far away from airport so please Im not from people who do not follow the rule so respect me
if you have an idea give me
If it is a no fly zone, that would mean that a responsible person would not try and fly in it....since it is a No Fly Zone!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Write DJI at [email protected] and ask for a waiver. You will have to sign a disclaimer and give them the location where you live and they will give you an unlimited app you can use for a year at a time. It will not unlock airports but anywhere else is ok. The whole process takes about a week.

Write DJI at [email protected] and ask for a waiver. You will have to sign a disclaimer and give them the location where you live and they will give you an unlimited app you can use for a year at a time. It will not unlock airports but anywhere else is ok. The whole process takes about a week.

I don't fly anywhere in not supposed to. Matter of fact when we fly at my dads house (3.5 miles from general aviation airport) we call the tower and they clear us for a set altitude and time frame.

Curious what's the waiver for? What's it allow?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't fly anywhere in not supposed to. Matter of fact when we fly at my dads house (3.5 miles from general aviation airport) we call the tower and they clear us for a set altitude and time frame.

Curious what's the waiver for? What's it allow?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well if you live in the DC area (like me I live in Maryland 20 mins from DC) there is a 15 mile no fly zone around DC and my house is 5 miles in the no fly zone so I couldn't even fly in my own back yard. I fly responsibly not near airports or in DC but my yard or neighborhood park is not a no fly zone!

I am in Canada and have a customer that has an SFOC to fly within 1nm of airports so they want it unlocked. I completed the authorization online for an aerodrome and then went to a different aerodrome and set up my P3A. When I got gps it said safe to fly. I did not fly but wanted to see because the flysafe Web says you can unlock it on the go app. I didn't even have a radius around the airport on my map.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Gunford . . did you get authorization to fly near airports . . . I just got my P4 authorized and was finally able to do it for a farm very near a runway . . lots of approvals needed but the mechanics was anything but straight forward

I am in Canada and have a customer that has an SFOC to fly within 1nm of airports so they want it unlocked. I completed the authorization online for an aerodrome and then went to a different aerodrome and set up my P3A. When I got gps it said safe to fly. I did not fly but wanted to see because the flysafe Web says you can unlock it on the go app. I didn't even have a radius around the airport on my map.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Same problem, contacted [email protected]...waiting for response....I think the need the serial # of RC then a maybe a waiver so they do not take responsibility. Waiting to see.

Getting a waiver from DJI will only allow you to turn on your bird while within the NFZ. DJI has no authority to authorize anyone to actually fly there. Those are set up by the appropriate government agency and they rarely, if ever, allow flights in the zones. Doesn't matter how 'safe' you think your flight is, flying in a NFZ is illegal for any aircraft.

A bit confused. Is there a NFZ around the airport or is is the app telling you that you are too close? Totally different situations. Don't know here you are flying, but here in the US, hobby flying within 5 miles we are supposed to notify the airport or tower. It's not a NFZ just information. A True NFZ closes off the airspace to any aircraft, manned or unmanned. If it's just the app saying you are too close, you 'self certify' and the app should unlock.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd