No fly zones

Reaction score
If I was to fly in a no fly low to the ground, would the phantom take off?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I will find out today. I am just on the outskirts of the 5 mile radius of a no fly zone. Once I'm in the radius, it's just farm fields. But what I wanna know is even if I'm in a no fly zone, would flying 20 feet off the ground at a neighborhood park, really be that big a deal?? How does the no fly stuff work? Is it something in the dji app?

I will find out today. I am just on the outskirts of the 5 mile radius of a no fly zone. Once I'm in the radius, it's just farm fields. But what I wanna know is even if I'm in a no fly zone, would flying 20 feet off the ground at a neighborhood park, really be that big a deal?? How does the no fly stuff work? Is it something in the dji app?

I have no clue man, get back to me!

I will try this evening. the no fly zone near me is an active Air Force base, so im not gonna push it too much. just make sure im in the zone and see if I can activate a take off. props will not be on. heck in that case i might just go across the street from the front gate to the base.

I will try this evening. the no fly zone near me is an active Air Force base, so im not gonna push it too much. just make sure im in the zone and see if I can activate a take off. props will not be on. heck in that case i might just go across the street from the front gate to the base.
Alright let me know!

c317e231fbaaad3483ada793bc744358.jpg

I'm about 2 miles from an active Air Force base. Blades are off. Calibrated compass and hit auto take off. Motors fired for 5 seconds then stopped. Still had green GPS status. Could not get motors to fire anymore. No warnings were displayed.

I'm about 2 miles from an active Air Force base. Blades are off. Calibrated compass and hit auto take off. Motors fired for 5 seconds then stopped. Still had green GPS status. Could not get motors to fire anymore. No warnings were displayed.

I think the quad realizes u aren't in the air. If I don't have props on the quad, it won't last long motors running either.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Okay good to know, also what app is that?

It is a very basic one called Drone Buddy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic