No fly zones

The No Fly Zones do apply. However, the DJI Firmware No Fly Zones do NOT reflect those of the FAA. You will find that when you get within a given distance, the drone will not continue.
Yet while I DO live completely inside an FAA No Fly Zone, the latest Firmware does NOT prevent it from flying. I am able to fly within this space. I follow the Model Aircraft Exemption to legally fly, and stay below 400 feet. I have no reason to waste power to climb to 400 feet. I stay at most about 125 feet if that.

I flew yesterday no problem. After watching the video, I see that I am more than the 1.5 mile no start zone ad am limited to 400'. Thanks for the response.

Dave, No problem! The entire No Fly Zone topic is extremely confusing to say the least. The Firmware zones just do NOT match what the FAA publishes. If you were to look at the FAA No Fly Zone for me, it completely blankets me. Yet I have no problem flying within the Recreational Model Exemption Limits. These are for the FAA Enforcement Officer, and only come into play IF there is a complaint.
No one around me has any issues! Their issues are strictly with Privacy. I agree with that entirely! I run the camera for a video record of the flights. I never include individuals or groups.

I do infrequently catch a vehicle on the edges, but I can't tell whom is inside, nor do I want to.

I too try to fly with few if no people. What gets me is folks are okay with some one using a camera on the ground, no privacy issues, but put it in the air and suddenly it is a privacy issue! I understand my p2 can go where I can't and that is where the issue really is. I tell folks they are photographed everyday several times! Even from the air (satellites) Oh well do my best to avoid people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers