No Fly Zones DJI P4P

Reaction score
Ok so curious , DJI has built all these no fly zone maps an warnings etc... into their software and devices that are supposed to help prevent you from flight in NO fly zones. Currently today there is a TFR (in place for couple days ) over my entire area due to Trump coming to town. So I wanted to see how well the blocks work that DJI has. So I went into my back yard fired up the P4P and launched . Only went about 50' up ( didn't wanna go crazy ) there was not 1 warning , notification or anything on this. I made sure that all the appropriate settings and stuff were on . I also made sure I had a live internet connection to allow DJI software to update if needed.

Now if they put all these warnings in place to try and protect people and airspace how does something like this not come up ? The average person walking buy to buy something like this will fly away with no regard because they don't understand. I've attached the current sky vector map and one of the TFR's.

Am I missing something or is it working correctly where the DJI software won't warn against these kinda things
5b9edb84290524c2f43c3aa81b9426e3.jpg

3808876a74567cf6dfece403c53edc2d.jpg

No. It won't. Most "3rd party" apps work off a static database that is only periodically updated. B4UFly will show TFR's though. That's why it's always good to do a quick check before each flight.

Where has DJI stated that they will add TFR into their software and give warnings? But let me also ask... are you complaining that DJI's software does not have _more_ restrictions?

Where has DJI stated that they will add TFR into their software and give warnings? But let me also ask... are you complaining that DJI's software does not have _more_ restrictions?
Trust me not complaining BUT last few updates have included more info on things like flight restrictions info and stuff. With the amount accidents and state ordinances being pushed more and more I was expecting there to be a little more warnings for the amateur and beginner . Before any flights I always check things like Skyvector, Hover, Airmap etc.... But not everyone knows enough to do that.

They have started to include more with TFR through the flight restrictions menu , here's the one from today . BUT you only see it if you go looking for it other wise fly away

4755ae11eec904d1b5a13f998a8c15e1.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie