NO Fly Zone?

Yea, I have had terrible luck. The first two I sent back because the gimbal horizon was off on both. I calibrated perfectly fine on a 100% level surface. Cold. IMU everything. The 3rd one was the same so I just thought sod it and put up with it.

Almost on every flight the aircraft would disconnect, let alone weak transmission signal which I would even get in an open field sometimes. A couple of days ago, during flight the gimbal spun out of control randomly for no reason and then went back to normal. Frightened me but everything seemed okay after that. Then today happened.

I know all this was pilot error but still, there was just something up with my drones
time for a different kind

Yea, I have had terrible luck. The first two I sent back because the gimbal horizon was off on both. I calibrated perfectly fine on a 100% level surface. Cold. IMU everything. The 3rd one was the same so I just thought sod it and put up with it.

Almost on every flight the aircraft would disconnect, let alone weak transmission signal which I would even get in an open field sometimes. A couple of days ago, during flight the gimbal spun out of control randomly for no reason and then went back to normal. Frightened me but everything seemed okay after that. Then today happened.

I know all this was pilot error but still, there was just something up with my drones

Consistent problems with multiple aircraft is not normal. Did they replace the RC or just the aircraft? Either a bad RC, or perhaps your tablet or mobile device might be interfering with RC communications to the aircraft. Did you have wifi turned on or off?

Jumping in late with another possibility . . . Was the Vision Positioning System on? The behavior sounds like a classic VPS hovering over water where the P4 rapidly climbs for no apparent reason. Probably hit something in the uncommanded climb which resulted in the loss of control and crash.

From what I understand about the Phantoms, you'd need signal loss for a little longer than a couple seconds before it would initiate the climb to a safe RTH altitude. And the climb doesn't sound like it would be a NFZ issue - stopping forward flight or initiating autolanding would be more likely.

Sorry about the loss.

Consistent problems with multiple aircraft is not normal. Did they replace the RC or just the aircraft? Either a bad RC, or perhaps your tablet or mobile device might be interfering with RC communications to the aircraft. Did you have wifi turned on or off?
They replaced the whole thing both times. I always flew with airplane mode on, made sure to close and apps.

The hardest part of all this was walking away and giving up on it. I tried to go back last night when the tide went out and searched for hours but couldn't find it

This is unfortunate. How high is the bridge above the water & how deep is the water where it went down? Fresh or saltwater? A lot of current or calm water?
The bridge, well according to when the drone reached it's highest point before spiralling down was 15m. The water it was over had a strong current and the water is more like mud water rather than blue ocean water but it is salt water. I tried to go back last night when the tide went out and searched for hours but couldn't find it

Jumping in late with another possibility . . . Was the Vision Positioning System on? The behavior sounds like a classic VPS hovering over water where the P4 rapidly climbs for no apparent reason. Probably hit something in the uncommanded climb which resulted in the loss of control and crash.

From what I understand about the Phantoms, you'd need signal loss for a little longer than a couple seconds before it would initiate the climb to a safe RTH altitude. And the climb doesn't sound like it would be a NFZ issue - stopping forward flight or initiating autolanding would be more likely.

Sorry about the loss.
Thank you. The drone was in P Mode. Just as I approached then end of the bridge the aircraft disconnected and I saw on the screen the gimbal spin around

None of it seems normal to me. It's a shane these things only have forward facing sensors when it's about to hit something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31