No Fly Zone

Reaction score
I am still new to this sport and have a question. I switched my bird over to Naza mode because I want the "return to home" and "home lock" features. I went to a local park to fly and test out the features this afternoon. Powered on everything and the app showed "compass calibration required", I tried about 5 times and after every attempt I got fast flashing red, no sat's showing on the app either. I did not try to fire the motors on
To cold to continue so I was driving home and stopped at a different park, fired everything up and it did not even prompt me for a compass calibration.

Looked on the DJI site map for the no fly zones and it was not listed. What else could have been wrong?

Rapid flashing red normally means critically low battery level. Maybe you didn't have the battery pushed in completely. Large amounts of metal in the vicinity will cause the compass warning to flash until it is moved away from the metal. Just a couple of thoughts...

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 325
I did look at my sticker to see what the fast flashing red lights was, my battery showing on the app was 98% for the bird and 100% for the Wifi. I always make sure everything is charged before a flight, that is why I thought it might be a No Fly Zone.

Confused...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhkaF2KZuzU[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20