My setup:

P2
h3-3d
gopro silver
mini iosd
blackpearl
immersion 600mw
fatshark spironets

when I turned on the LCD, there was a blinking diamond type icon on the center bottom of the screen.
The Bird was blinking red and yellow (tough to see in the sun)

Is this a no fly zone?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 424
Workshopscience said:
I am pretty sure that a no fly zone means that you can't put waypoins if you are using the ground station. You can find a full list of no fly zone on dji's website on the ground station page. If this helped please check my youtube channel out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGWi9t ... QYtc7r9Enw

You are most likely incorrect. I believe "no fly zone" is very specific to what one might think it means.
NO FLIGHT.

Nothing to do with waypoints.

I just tested the bird again and it simply will not grab any gps and starts blinking red lights fast. It wont start its motors in ATTI mode either.

I believe I am in a no fly zone.
Wish DJI's map was more detailed

The dji airport list is incomplete in that Santa Barbara, California, a class B airport, is not listed.

Have your tried testing your phantom other places to make sure he GPS is working?

Redwood said:
Have your tried testing your phantom other places to make sure he GPS is working?

yup.

i just flew it in montauk this past week and at the park today, which is about a football field away from the "no flight zone"

something is odd, since the major no fly zones are airports. And I'm nowhere near one.

dragonash said:
So I think I encountered a no fly zone.

Although it doesnt seem to be deemed so on dji's website

http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

(pic attached)

My setup:

P2
h3-3d
gopro silver
mini iosd
blackpearl
immersion 600mw
fatshark spironets

when I turned on the LCD, there was a blinking diamond type icon on the center bottom of the screen.
The Bird was blinking red and yellow (tough to see in the sun)

Is this a no fly zone?

Shouldn't be based on this map https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/?em ... 78/-72.387

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 383
BigTulsa said:
A blinking red/yellow bird in Phantom mode means the compass needs calibrating.

which is odd. Because I did that.
It also didnt need any calibrating in 2 other locations here in brooklyn when I flew it right after.

So I tried that spot again, but just deeper in (its a pier, so i walked further out)

wow! It got gps.
I tried a bit more shallow. All of a sudden, blinking red lights (fast)
Tried a bit more shallow. Yellow and Red. Calibration. WTF?

So I calibrate (making my h3-3d go nuts). After 2 Cal's, I get all green.
Something is up with that spot and I dont like it. I might just steer clear. Something seems to be messing with the compass

dragonash said:
BigTulsa said:

It also didnt need any calibrating in 2 other locations here in brooklyn when I flew it right after.

So I tried that spot again, but just deeper in (its a pier, so i walked further out)

wow! It got gps.

Something is up with that spot and I dont like it. I might just steer clear. Something seems to be messing with the compass

Could be a huge amount of metal on the pier. That will play havoc with the Phantom compass for sure.

Not all no-fly zones are over or around airports. I encountered one deep in the wilds of a National Forest, nowhere near an airport. It is a complex of giant antennas that listen to sounds in deep space. I neither saw nor have I subsequently found any signs or web information that says "no fly". I learned of it only by a message on my iPhone while my P2V was in the air, about a mile from the antenna complex.

BigTulsa said:
dragonash said:
BigTulsa said:

wow! It got gps.

Could be a huge amount of metal on the pier. That will play havoc with the Phantom compass for sure.

quite possibly. I tried to make sure I launched from the middle and I was even on top of a wooden table. I've flown my FC40 there before with no issues, but I dont think I will be chancing this

It's possible there's an underwater cable or something producing an electromagnetic field? I also would feel nervous about the situation if I weren't getting proper green lights ... Even if the situation suddenly resolves :)

So i noticed something odd.

I turned it on inside my apartment and the red lights gave 4 fast blinks. I'm like...wtf? Another cal is needed? This isnt making sense.

So I connect the drone to the assistant and an error pops up.

Apparently one of my sticks werent centered... for whatever reason.
I tried calibrating them, but the yaw control would always be off to the left and never make it to the full right.
So I shut off the controller and phantom. Turned on the controller - making sure none of the sticks are touched - and turned on the phantom.

booted up fine.
I ran a stick cal anyway along with a basic imu.

I want to say coincidence... but why would it happen at that pier only? Maybe the pier was the cause?
Either way, I think I will stay away from it. I'm getting some bad mojo from it!

Attachments

• sticks.JPG
    sticks.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 246
  • error.JPG
    error.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 235

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads