No fly zone - data mismatch

Annoying!
Today I drove by the Selfridge ANG air base in Michigan. Drove right under the flight path landing aircraft take. It's a yellow zone. I can fly my drone next to an Air National Guard base into the flight path of a landing A-10 - but the pizza maker who owns the Tigers in Detroit can get a 3.5 mile red zone exclusion?

Yes, 99% of the time the stadium is unused and you can't fly.

I think the data involved to have every fixture at every stadium world wide would be a mammoth undertaking.

so we are stuck with not flying near stadiums.

I literally flew directly above a major NFL team stadium and got some awesome shots.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, 99% of the time the stadium is unused and you can't fly.

I think the data involved to have every fixture at every stadium world wide would be a mammoth undertaking.

so we are stuck with not flying near stadiums.
But they're problem, they accepted the undertaking when they made it so the machine I purchased cannot fly in zones that only they control.

If the FAA says it's ok for me to fly around the stadium area (actually, I am only interested in an area a block away), why would DJI decide to restrict it?

But they're problem, they accepted the undertaking when they made it so the machine I purchased cannot fly in zones that only they control.

If the FAA says it's ok for me to fly around the stadium area (actually, I am only interested in an area a block away), why would DJI decide to restrict it?

I understand your problem with the restraints DJI provides for their products. However, if this is such an issue for you, why not look into the purchase of a quad copter equipped with a camera that doesn't use the DJI restraints?

I understand your problem with the restraints DJI provides for their products. However, if this is such an issue for you, why not look into the purchase of a quad copter equipped with a camera that doesn't use the DJI restraints?
Of course that is always an option. If the car you drive explodes when you press the radio on and heater button at the same time, you can always buy a different car.

Update: I decided to try the area again, using GEO

Well, guess what? The area is now a yellow warning only zone - I was able to take off and fly all over the place.

WooHoo!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20