No Fly zone close to private yacht

That thing is hideous. It looks like it rolled upside down! Seeing as Russian oligarchs have such a great appreciation for the rule of law, I bet that boat has some sort of illegal GPS spoofing installed to keep incoming objects at bay.

Reactions: curiosity
That thing is hideous. It looks like it rolled upside down! Seeing as Russian oligarchs have such a great appreciation for the rule of law, I bet that boat has some sort of illegal GPS spoofing installed to keep incoming objects at bay.
No way man. That thing is super baller. Looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Gliding Drone Pilot
No way man. That thing is super baller. Looks amazing

Yeah, baller like a sack. To each their own. It's not a boat. It's giant canoe floating upside down. It's the love child of a battle cruiser and a pelican. It's like Jony Ive designed it while having a stroke. Starck should stick to bottle openers.

It was made in Germany by Blohm and Voss that's why!
I bet they still think they are making U boats!!!

Reactions: ianwood
I am the owner of the boat. I called DJI and ask them to program a NFZ around my yacht. Will all you guys please stop flying these buzzing little toys around my boat.....

How does DJI know the location of your boat...

And you are...?

A private yacht with a HLP may be configured with electronic/satellite location and guidance systems for helos that are equipment with same. If active they will produce a limited geofence type transmission. I can explain in detail some other time, but arithor claims are most likely true.

Reactions: ScottLB
No private yacht has any feature that shows up as a no-fly-zone on the DJI app.
But lots of airports do.
Post #16 above explained this already
Not so. If it were the airport, he would not be able to circumnavigate the boat, yet clearly he flies a full circle around it. Somehow they have found a way to activate the NFZ feature in DJI's software only around the vessel. My understanding of this post is that he could not fly over, but obviously could fly all around, the boat.

Hi
I was flying off land nearly 2 km out on free sea to private yacht when I got message I was flying in to no fly zone . So it will hover and land on sea ?
I did back off,
Next airport was over 5km away and this area is not listed on DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones
This yacht have helicopter landing H on it .
How can this happens ?
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13235450_1105416956166986_571275806007009752_o.jpg

Yes it will hover and land in sea if you go into nfz

Not so. If it were the airport, he would not be able to circumnavigate the boat, yet clearly he flies a full circle around it. Somehow they have found a way to activate the NFZ feature in DJI's software only around the vessel. My understanding of this post is that he could not fly over, but obviously could fly all around, the boat.

You mean that the yacht is writing to the aircraft's firmware, where the NFZ data reside, on the fly, while it is in the air? Impressive. How do you suppose it might be doing that?

Reactions: Meta4
Actually, that is the Steve Jobs yacht, currently owned by his wife. I've seen it many times throughout the eastern Carribbean. There's no other like it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Actually, that is the Steve Jobs yacht, currently owned by his wife. I've seen it many times throughout the eastern Carribbean. There's no other like it.

No - it's not. There is a photo of Steve Job's boat in post #33. Not very similar at all - I'm surprised that you confused them.

Reactions: Meta4
54de9738243f2f5f6c4ed77c2d880841.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj