No flight data, camera tilt or sat display..Help

Reaction score
After, what I believe was a VRS crash landing. The Camera tilt doesn't not work by means of DJI Vision app.(still has live feed) The green tilt position indicator just stays in the middle. I also noticed that I can't get any flight info (elev, speed, distance) nor does it say # of satellites or flight time left. I'm hoping that those problems point to maybe a certain fix whether it be a loose connection or a new part. I have opened the top and peeked inside. Everything seems to be plugged in but I'm not really too sure what I'm looking at. Has anyone ever had these problems? Is there something I can do? I'm pretty mechanically inclined and fairly tech savvy.

Thanks in advance
CP

The 3 grey cables are messed up. These are cables from the phantom to the gimbal/camera board (not the black ribbon). They are most likely loose/damaged. Try and press them in tighter.
In most cases, I would guess the "clipped" in grey cable may of been damaged as the other 2 just pops out on heavy crashes. Get a pair of tweezers and push the metallic pins back in the plastic clip.
Restart phantom.
Repost here if it works.

Worked! They all "appeared" to be plugged in so I just went ahead and pushed every grey wire in to the plug, powered it up and I was back up and running. Now, to see if my foil mod and gimbal repair will work in the morning... it was the typical adjustment of the horizontal sensor. Seemed like it should be about right on. Other than the yaw seems to be a bit off pointing to the left. I am searching for a thread about a way to adjust the gimbal yaw now. The important thing is that Iv made it to fly another day! Thanks!

CP417 said:
Worked! They all "appeared" to be plugged in so I just went ahead and pushed every grey wire in to the plug, powered it up and I was back up and running. Now, to see if my foil mod and gimbal repair will work in the morning... it was the typical adjustment of the horizontal sensor. Seemed like it should be about right on. Other than the yaw seems to be a bit off pointing to the left. I am searching for a thread about a way to adjust the gimbal yaw now. The important thing is that Iv made it to fly another day! Thanks!

Congrats. Glad to hear it's all working.
In regards to the yaw in the camera:
Do an IMU calibration first. If fails, turn on transmitter and phantom and place on level surface.
With the yaw stick, max out left and then max out right. You will see the camera yaw slightly move.
Let go and see if the camera self centres.
If its still crook, do an inspection on the gimbal arm.

Mako79 said:
Congrats. Glad to hear it's all working.
In regards to the yaw in the camera:
Do an IMU calibration first. If fails, turn on transmitter and phantom and place on level surface.
With the yaw stick, max out left and then max out right. You will see the camera yaw slightly move.
Let go and see if the camera self centres.
If its still crook, do an inspection on the gimbal arm.

Did a low test flight in a park today. Everything worked great other than the yaw still a bit off on the gimbal . Tried all of the above. No luck.. :cry: its manageable though. The arm doesn't appear to be bent it lust looks like the motor has it electronically kicked to the left.

Thanks again for the help!
Taking a trip in the Rockies in a week and I would of never been able to fly it

Don't want to scare you too much, it may sound like you have the issue below:
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23355

You need to see if the camera comes off easily. If it comes off easily, means that the magnet is holding the camera. Another way you can check is to remove the 3 screws and check if the D is "aligned" with the camera.
This can be troublesome as it can highly likely rip the unreplaceable black ribbon cable. This can happen randomly and is caused by the notorious gimbal camera dance. Many users have reported this after a crash. You have one of the symptoms where the camera isn't aligned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic