No first level failsafe warning lights

Reaction score
Hello,

I usually land my P2 before battery reaches 23% ( I actually catch it in the air instead of landing on the ground )
Last night I was near this battery level, P2 was 2 feet over my hand raise up, rear lights flashing green and suddenly they turned to red and the Phantom raised and started failsafe mode. I wasn't near my home point, so I had to run there. Luckily there wasn't objects in that track.
Software is V3.6 and it hasn't there's nothing I can set for the battery
How can I have a first level warning and get green lights turn to 'slow' red flashing as it is in P1?
No iOSD warning too.
Thank you

marciano said:
Hello,

I usually land my P2 before battery reaches 23% ( I actually catch it in the air instead of landing on the ground )
Last night I was near this battery level, P2 was 2 feet over my hand raise up, rear lights flashing green and suddenly they turned to red and the Phantom raised and started failsafe mode. I wasn't near my home point, so I had to run there. Luckily there wasn't objects in that track.
Software is V3.6 and it hasn't there's nothing I can set for the battery
How can I have a first level warning and get green lights turn to 'slow' red flashing as it is in P1?
No iOSD warning too.
Thank you

I don't know how you get to a first level warning by changing the LEDs .. I have not experienced the phantom immediately returning home when it goes into the red led mode... I have always been able to fly it to my landing point.

That said...you can regain control of your phantom from fail safe by flipping the s1 switch and then land it closer to you (so you don't have to run home :) )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 548
Hi Buckaye,

Do you mean to switch S1 to non GPS position?

Anyway I can't believe I don't have any first level warning, well, there's no first level battery range, it enters in failsafe mode instantly.
This is not the first time it happens.
Batteries are upgraded, 7 times discharged.
PS: Some posts after I finished mine

marciano said:
Hi Buckaye,

Do you mean to switch S1 to non GPS position?

Anyway I can't believe I don't have any first level warning, well, there's no first level battery range, it enters in failsafe mode instantly.
This is not the first time it happens.
Batteries are upgraded, 7 times discharged.

Yes... Take a look at the image above... If you flip it to either the second position or the third position it will give control back to the pilot as long as you have a signal (which it sounds like you had).

Then you can land it. It will not have GPS in that mode... But at least you can land where you want.

I’m not sure switching S1 will do that.
“If remote controller`s signal is recovered, control is returned back to the pilot”
This is not my case, I never lose controller signal.
Anyway this would be a patch.
I need to know how to get some kind of first level warning, iOSD blinking battery icon/slow red lights blinking
Do you have those warnings?

“6.5 Low Battery Capacity Warning Function”

My P2 doesn’t alert when power is less than 30%. Still green (or yellow) blinking lights, nothing in my screen from iOSD

marciano said:
I’m not sure switching S1 will do that.
“If remote controller`s signal is recovered, control is returned back to the pilot”
This is not my case, I never lose controller signal.
Anyway this would be a patch.
I need to know how to get some kind of first level warning, iOSD blinking battery icon/slow red lights blinking
Do you have those warnings?

“6.5 Low Battery Capacity Warning Function”

My P2 doesn’t alert when power is less than 30%. Still green (or yellow) blinking lights, nothing in my screen from iOSD

Hmmm I'll admit I have never allowed the p2 to get to the auto land state. When I get the red lights at around 30% I land. I have used it in the lost connection situation.

I had read in multiple locations that you can regain control in the way I mentioned if in naza mode here is one example :

http://www.reddit.com/r/djiphantom/comm ... ng_on_low/

It makes sense to me since once you flip the switch it is no longer using GPS... So return home should stop...

One thing I did read is if the connections are dirty... It's possible the phantom won't report the low voltage warning... But yours being so new seems unlikely...

P2 doesn't enter in failsafe mode if S1 is in Atti mode?
In Atti mode P2 doesn't use GPS to keep position but it still is getting satellites data.
I got that issue in the first use of one of my new batteries some time ago, I remember I was waiting the first level warning and... ooops, it entered in failsafe mode. It was far enough to not to see the lights. No iOSD warning as I said before. I realize that because the quad was not responding to my control.
I guess I have to contact DJI.
Thank you

If it goes into low battery it will default raise 20m and return home. You can cancel this and continue flying by flicking the right toggle to ATTI and back to GPS. However, when it reaches 2nd critical battery warning, it will force land. If you want to hand catch when this happens, throttle up as it will always gradually descend.

Mako79 said:
If it goes into low battery it will default raise 20m and return home. You can cancel this and continue flying by flicking the right toggle to ATTI and back to GPS. However, when it reaches 2nd critical battery warning, it will force land. If you want to hand catch when this happens, throttle up as it will always gradually descend.

Thank you! That's what I thought... But I was starting to think I was crazy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20