No connection to the Smartphone and Camera

Reaction score
Hello and new to the Forum. Just bought a new Phantom 2 Vision + Ver 3. I have updated all firmware that I can and loaded Assistant and the Vision App on the Smartphones. I have tried three, a Iphone 6, HTC One Max and a Samsung Note 2 with no luck.

This thing is brand new, got it six days ago and have been trying since to get it connected. Two long calls to DJI with no help and one to the vendor I bought the Quad from. They are both saying I need to send it back, either to DJI or the vendor I purchased it from. The vendor said they will try and fix it and then if they can't they will replace the Quad. I believe they should just replace it! It's brand new.

Has anyone else had this problem with the connection between the camera and Smartphone? Any quick fixes out there?

Thanks!
Paul
Azle. Texas

Hey

Did you try connect it via the phone before the update ?
You basically don't see the SSID available to connect to ?

Are you getting telemetry ?

If your are then you either have a loose wire or a faulty wifi module.

If you are not getting anything, then check and re-pair the range extender to the quad, then connect the phone again.

The area you should be looking at at this stage is doing a rebind of camera using the QR code - see manual for instructions.
If it sees the SSID be sure to tap the tick box to confirm the connection - easily overlooked.

If you are following the instructions and are familiar with finding networks with your device it really shouldn't be a difficult to see the phantom wifi and connect. There are a few things might not show up correctly on the screen after connecting which might merit some user fiddling about.
So most likely it's faulty, and the advice being given to send it back is correct, even though it's rather frustrating.
Your updating of firmware shouldn't have caused any issue with the wifi connection unless something went seriously wrong during the process and the entire phantom is bricked (does it still connect to the controller and start?).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31