FIXED: No App Connection iPad Air 2 - thinks it's a P3S when it's a P3A!

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just got my P3A and had flown it twice initially using my iPhone 6. I've since bought an iPad Air 2 cellular (no sim in it as of yet so only wifi whilst I wait on getting one) and I can't get it to connect to the app at all. It keeps advising to select my drone type and doesn't allow me to go to camera mode as its not shown.

I've followed the instruction on the app etc to no avail. I've tried to look it up but all I get are comparison threads about which device is best and nothing to fix the issue.

When I connect the cable I hear the noise the iPad make to say it's connected to something.

The phantom, RC, app and iPad are all on the latest firmware available for them. Both iPhone and iPad are 9.3.1.

Thanks

Edit: updated description of issue.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Let's try a simple step first, hope we succeed. Reboot your iPad Air and then follow the following sequences:

1. Switch on RC. Led on RC will be red
2. Switch on AC. Led on RC will turn green after a while
3. Connect iPad to RC using USB cable
4. Switch on iPad
5. Start DJI Go App. Wait until it shows You to enter Camera mode.
6. Enter Camera mode
7. Wait to see message on top Bar. It should change from disconnected to other status.

Reactions: YoshiK1
Sorry I've maybe explained my situation incorrectly. The RC and drone connect as I can spin up the blades etc however it doesn't connect in the app to allow me into camera mode. It just keeps advising to connect and wants me to select my drone which still doesn't change anything.

I've tried what you've suggested though, waited 5 mins and it still doesn't work.

First, try completely powering down your iPad. if that alone doesn't work, Uninstall and reinstall DJI GO on your iPad, followed by a power down and restart. That should do it.

Reactions: YoshiK1
Done all that and it doesn't work.

I've noticed something mad! So when I connect my iPhone it shows as a P3A and has the "camera" button. When it connects to the iPad Air 2 it shows "how to connect" button for P3A BUT! It flashed up quickly that it appeared to connect as a P3S. When I went to that option in the drop down it had the "camera" button and I can go into the app.

It's all black and says its disconnected in the top left corner. So it appears for some reason that on the iPad it thinks it's a different drone than it is. I tried another cable but still the same thing.....

Ok so issue sorted. I found a post and someone had posted a link to a conversation CCDD was having. He said to set it in DFU mode and restore it as a new device through iTunes as this clears all the settings.

It's worked for me.

Reactions: Kweaton
I had the same issue . . followed CCDD's instructions and nothing no change . . only recognizes the machine as P3 and no camera. after resets and updates and iTunes and reboots I think I'm taking this Air 2 back to the store and get my Mini 4 again.Does anyone use a larger tablet than Mini4 that works?. . with Phantom4 that is.

Ok so issue sorted. I found a post and someone had posted a link to a conversation CCDD was having. He said to set it in DFU mode and restore it as a new device through iTunes as this clears all the settings.

It's worked for me.
Can you post that link from CCDD? I'm having an issue with my P3P and my ipad mini 2. It keeps wanting to use my P3P as a P4. I just got the AC back from DJI repair. They linked it to one of their RC's for testing and now I can't link it to my RC. I select P3P from the drop down menu, but as soon as I plug in the USB cable the DJI Go app reverts it back to a P4.
Also, what is DFU mode?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik