Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Richard in ky

So many of us have several p3 chargers that has the same output voltage as the p4 charger.
    Why can't someone come up with an adapter so that one charger could be used on both batteries.
    DJI should already have them out since you can't buy chargers for the p4 from them yet. Just batteries which take quite awhile to charge each one.

2. N017RW

In Marketing Speak:
    Planned obsolescence.

JakeMaxxUAV, ablythe and Tobrouk like this.
  3. happydays

By the time they were designed, tested, and brought into production, the flow of OEM chargers would already have started.

4. Luis J.

Cale262 likes this.
  5. Cale262

I ordered four of those Osmo cables now I just need to source a power supply that will put out a clean 400W (100Wx4)...gonna have to brush up on my electronics, it was never my strongest suit!

6. mohan

I would be careful. The cable above taps power from a DJI battery to another device. This does not mean that you can use the same route to charge the P4 battery. As part of the power mods that we have been experimenting there is a Intelligent module that switches the charge cycle off if you simply supply power to the battery. Need to do more R&D to find out exactly what is happening with the 10 pins connector

Cale262 likes this.
  7. RedHotPoker

With my four Phantom 3 batteries, it's been great to have a second 100w charger, to help maintain them and keep my RC charged up as well. It would be great when @dji start to release an equally useful charger for the Phantom 4 intelligent battery packs.;-)
    Surely an oversight.

RedHotPoker

8. craigsdal

Has anyone tried the Osmo adapter with the P3 chargers to charge P4 batteries?

9. WetDog

If power supplies in particular and electronics in general aren't your strong point, you might work on a couple dozen easier projects before you release the Magic Smoke - and in the case of LiPo batteries, the Magic Fire and Explosions. These things have an impressive energy density (think low level explosives). You have to reverse engineer DJI's battery firmware** (which, of course, is undocumented - it's not even clear that DJI understands it). If you want parallel charging, you are dealing with a high amp circuit.

High amperage circuit + unknown logic / low voltage switches / unknown circuitry / Chinese consumer level component quality + LiPo battery chemistry + minimal relevant electronics knowledge = potential for something right out of a Star Trek TV show (the scenes where all of the panels smoke and spark and covers blow off while the bridge rocks back and forth).

Be sure your insurance coverage is all paid up and you put a GoPro on the other end of the room......

** Which is why, I suspect, we have yet to see the third party solutions. It will take some time to figure it out and feel comfortable enough with your reverse engineering to sell a product based on it.

10. normr

Just received my P-4 multi charger, here is a pic, looks great, guess I'll be ordering 3 more black caps from msinger

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sim597, TheLightSpeedz and oblivie like this.
  11. Stealthmatt

id rather the genuine nice white charger :)

12. oblivie

Hey normr...... How's the charger working?.... How long does it take to charge at batt from around 30%?.... Wanna order one.... Jus need some feed back

13. WRXJIM

What he said ^ Ive been watching these chargers selling on Ebay and Amazon, but havnt read any feedback on them yet...

14. normr

Charged my battery in a little over an hour, here is a video of it in progress, it's as loud as the blue ones for the P3, the fan shut off when it reached 4 lights and continued quietly until complete when the battery lights turned off as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

15. jstjohnz

I haven't seen any evidence of any smarts in the chargers. Only 8 of the 10 pins are brought out to the charge plug and I'm assuming those are redundant + and - power pins. I know the P2 charger only attached to the + and - and I was able to charge a P2 battery just by applying the proper voltage from a bench power supply.

16. Sinisalo

that is the same charger I bought, i highly recommend it. I would like to see someone's blue p3 charger opened up compared to this opened up as it seems the same other than color and connectors.

17. Sinisalo

I have the same charger, it takes about an hour and twenty to an hour and thirty minutes to charge from 30%. I haven't clocked it exactly but it is around that time. So you know it is 70watts per aircraft battery connector so it is 30 watts less than the stock phantom 4 charger.

18. WWK888

How long did it take to ship from China?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

19. r62ewa

Anyone try it with 3 batteries at once?

20. suck it up

I just charged 3 batteries and the RC at the same time. It works perfectly just like my blue one for the P3