NO CAMERA VIEW AFTER V.1.8.8 FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Reaction score
I bought P3P last spring and it worked fine last year. I did all the updates (Phantom 3 Professional fw v.1.8.8., rc 1.6, go app 2.6, latest ios for iPad mini). Bird still flies ok, and records video ok, and I can see the histogram change when light changes, but now there is no camera view on the iPad screen. Error message is NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. It worked fine last year before the firmware upgrade. I sent log file to DJI and they say looks like issue with the hardware. But why would the hardware suddenly fail after a firmware upgrade? Doesn't make sense. The GO app status report says everything is normal.

I tried downgrading to earlier fw for aircraft but it would not load. Got failure report in txt on card.

I know there are many posts by Phantom pilots having similar issues. I have read many of them and tried all the remedies people suggest (like using a different sd card, using iphone instead of ipad, etc), but nothing seems to w

Has anyone else had a similar situation to mine, and were you able to find a solution? Thanks.

Hi Tony,

did you solve the problem?

I'm facing the same issue... I have a P3P and now after upgrading the firmware (Aircr. upgraded to 1.9.60 and remote controller to 1.8.0) I'm getting the "Ready to GO (Vision)" message and NO way to see the camera view.
I contacted the support center and they asked me the LOG files and to do some operations with the aircraft. Of course nothing solved and now they're asking me to ship back the P3P using a RMA procedures.

Looking at the Warranty Policy on their website I saw that if there is no warranty on the products and no hardware issue were found they will charge 2 working hours + transport cost.. that means at least 130$ + transport. costs..

Now I'm wondering why after an upgrade asked insistentely by DJI I have to pay for it, having in addition, a useless (expensive) product for months....

I did not expect this from a company like DJI...

If someone has solved the issue or has more information about this, please share it.. thanks!

I had to send it in to DJI for repair. They replaced the mother board. It had failed, but I don't know if firmware upgrade had anything to do with it. Anyway it's working now. Sorry you're going through the pain.

Update: I've sent the P3P to DJI for repair.. just got the cost of the repair.. € 371..!!! I though Dji was a serious company with a great customer support .. not true.. after a wrong firmware update by their side a customer has to pay more than € 370 to get the P3P working again.. and the funny things is that they applied me the cost for the camera!! last time I tried to use it I had to update it (they always ask to update the firware and software) and after that just the "No video Signal" message... never touched the camera and never crashed it... and now I have to pay for a new camera... that's really unacceptable!!

I'm the same with my P3P - No Image Transmission, working fine one day and then about 3 weeks ago this started happening, even if I start it up and leave it sitting on the ground(not take off) - I lose image every few seconds.... When flying it will do everything perfect but just will not send back the image to my iPad!!!! So I've tried loads of stuff that I've seen online.....what now????? What for DJI to send a firmware update!!!!!! Any other ideas....is there a way to do like a hard reset of everything on the bird and the controller????

I bought P3P last spring and it worked fine last year. I did all the updates (Phantom 3 Professional fw v.1.8.8., rc 1.6, go app 2.6, latest ios for iPad mini). Bird still flies ok, and records video ok, and I can see the histogram change when light changes, but now there is no camera view on the iPad screen. Error message is NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL. It worked fine last year before the firmware upgrade. I sent log file to DJI and they say looks like issue with the hardware. But why would the hardware suddenly fail after a firmware upgrade? Doesn't make sense. The GO app status report says everything is normal.

I tried downgrading to earlier fw for aircraft but it would not load. Got failure report in txt on card.

I know there are many posts by Phantom pilots having similar issues. I have read many of them and tried all the remedies people suggest (like using a different sd card, using iphone instead of ipad, etc), but nothing seems to w

Has anyone else had a similar situation to mine, and were you able to find a solution? Thanks.

Did you get your P3P fixed working????

I just experienced a similar problem today. I started up my P3 4k and I am getting a "no visual feed" message on my I Phone display. The P3 is fully controllable with a pan view showing the orientation and flight path on the the other window on my I Phone. I am getting a message when connected to wifi that there is no "internet Connection" and there is no "through the camera view",

I'm also having the same issues with my p3 4K. I've tried using iPhones 6 and 7 as well as iPads and neither help fix the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Add me to the list. Yesterday when I started up the DJI Go App I saw that it was uploading something, probably an update to the app on my iPad Mini 4. It has done that before with no input from me, but never any problems before. Before the update the Phantom 3P worked fine. This morning I went out to fly and everything linked up OK, but no video! It looked as if it would fly, motors started, but no video and no control of the gimbal. I am fairly positive it is a problem with the app.

Anyone find a solution to this problem yet? I just unboxed my brand new P3P my wife bought me for my birthday. Everything works except the fpv. I get nothing except the no image transmission error. It appears the camera is working. I can see photos and video stored to the card(s) if I put them in my PC. Gimbal appears to work as expected. Drone flies just fine. Ive tried every combination of settings imaginable, as well as the trick I found online popping out the SD card and reinserting it. I still get no image displayed in the DJI go app. I've tried an iPhone 7, iPad mini, Samsung galaxy tab, and an LG tablet. All give the same exact result. The RC, AC, and app are all updated to the latest versions available. I'm pretty frustrated by what appears to be a $1,000 mistake. I'm really hoping someone might be able to shed some light and offer a solution to this.

Hi Ryan,

I post my UPDATE:
I SOLVED my issue sending the p3p back to Dji. They're fast and they sent me the p3p back after few days... now I'm having other issue but it looks related to my galaxy s7 (its restart sometimes while using Dji Go App).
At the end Dji did the fixing for FREE because it was under warrany.
The only thing that I don't know is if they do another wrong firware update and I'm not in warrany period anymore what will happen.. they will fix it for free too?

Anyway since your P3P is new, contact the support center, prepare the P3P and send it to DJI.

Yep, you were right. I contacted DJI and they said since it's brand new, to contact the reseller to have it exchanged, and if they refuse to contact DJI support again to get a repair setup. Bummer deal. I was really hoping to get this thing up in the air for my birthday. Kinda sucks to spend $1000 on something and have it broken right out of the box. I'm seriously considering just returning it and doing some more research to find another brand. Anyone have suggestions for a different brand/model at the same price point?

Hi Ryan,

I post my UPDATE:
I SOLVED my issue sending the p3p back to Dji. They're fast and they sent me the p3p back after few days... now I'm having other issue but it looks related to my galaxy s7 (its restart sometimes while using Dji Go App).
At the end Dji did the fixing for FREE because it was under warrany.
The only thing that I don't know is if they do another wrong firware update and I'm not in warrany period anymore what will happen.. they will fix it for free too?

Anyway since your P3P is new, contact the support center, prepare the P3P and send it to DJI.

Ya know,the MORE I read about DJI,the MORE I start to feel Im just waiting for my copter to become a dust collector BEFORE i get tired of it........maybe I should start flying my Cheerson CX20's again......

Add me to the list. Yesterday when I started up the DJI Go App I saw that it was uploading something, probably an update to the app on my iPad Mini 4. It has done that before with no input from me, but never any problems before. Before the update the Phantom 3P worked fine. This morning I went out to fly and everything linked up OK, but no video! It looked as if it would fly, motors started, but no video and no control of the gimbal. I am fairly positive it is a problem with the app.

I had the same thing happen to me (P3P) DJI Go App is now latest version & I did not do a update. Now my gimbal control knob won't work. I am using a iPhone 6 anyone know how to load up a older version of the IOS GO App? I even tried my android tablet & I think it got a new GO App installed on it with the same results, no gimbal control. I don't want to send this back, just because DJI screwed up the GO App.

Time for me to talk with DJI

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr