No camera update

Does anyone know how to update the craft firmware without the gimble/camera?

• Use the craft USB

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Get a new camera

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The gimble/camera is broken and removed but the craft flys well. Does anyone know how to update the craft firmware without the gimble/camera?

That's not possible. You'll need a working camera/gimbal.

If you are looking for one, there are a few places to purchase one here:
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Thanks for quick reply. That is what I was afraid of. I would like to buy a new camera but am concerned that the craft was damaged in the crash that took out the camera and a new camera would not work. Then I would be stuck with a camera that I cannot use. If the craft flys well what is the chance that a new camera will work? If it did not work will camera supplier take it back?

The camera and gimbal are shipped together. If that part doesn't work, then the cable that connects the gimbal to the main board could be damaged -- or something on the board itself. It would be hard to figure out what isn't working properly without attempting to replace all known broken parts. Another option would be to send your Phantom to a repair shop and let them figure out what needs to be replaced.

If you purchase a camera, open it, install it, and it does not work, I doubt the seller will take it back. But, you could sell it on eBay and get most (if not all) of your money back.

The camera and gimbal are shipped together. If that part doesn't work, then the cable that connects the gimbal to the main board could be damaged -- or something on the board itself. It would be hard to figure out what isn't working properly without attempting to replace all known broken parts. Another option would be to send your Phantom to a repair shop and let them figure out what needs to be replaced.

If you purchase a camera, open it, install it, and it does not work, I doubt the seller will take it back. But, you could sell it on eBay and get most (if not all) of your money back.

Thanks again. I guess I will use it for flight training.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj