No camera control

Reaction score
I received my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus yesterday. (10/21/14)

I unboxed it last night and charged all the batteries, and tried to get everything working this morning. All of the normal features seemed to be fine... firmware, IMU calibration, compass calibration, GPS lock, app, wifi.

As far as I can tell, everything is fine EXCEPT that the camera is stuck at a 45 degree down angle, and I can't control it with the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. (I know the device is not recommended, but it works just fine) The gimble itself is working, because when I move around the Phantom, the camera stays at that 45 degree angle.

Here's a video I made to illustrate the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGc6OMn ... _vXDBvumlA

Because it's brand new, and I haven't even flown it yet, it's obviously under warranty, but the repair shop in Austin said they were backlogged about 3 weeks, so I sure would love to find out if there's an easier fix for this very small but very important issue.

Thanks for any insight.

Bart in Corpus Christi, TX

If you click that globe icon above it's supposed to tilt according to the position of the device - would be interesting to try.
It would be good to test on a second borrowed phone or tablet before assuming the phantom has a fault.
Make sure the cables into the gimbal are fully home.

Yeah, before I made the video, I did try the globe gyroscope thing. No luck with that. And everything looks plugged in too.

Question... when you turn on your Phantom, does the camera point straight forward naturally, or does it put the camera at the 45 degree down angle naturally before you adjust it?

UPDATE: I tried my wife's Iphone 5c tonight, and everything works great. The camera still drops to a 45 degree angle after startup (which I guess is normal), but with the Iphone 5c, I was able to tilt it up and down, use the globe icon, etc.

So the problem was obviously my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. Others had posted that they were able to use theirs (and maybe they were) but mine definitely fell short.

Sorry for the false alarm here, but hopefully this post will help out others who are going through a similar crisis.

Thanks guys.

ONE MORE UPDATE:

After doing a little more research, I figured out that my problem was actually the app itself, not the Tab after all.

Apparently, the older versions of the app did not include a tilt control. I figured since I downloaded the app YESTERDAY, it was the most update version of the app, but I guess not!

Lesson learned. Make sure you double check that you have the latest version of an app, even if you just downloaded it 30 seconds earlier. ???

Tomorrow, I plan to FINALLY take my first flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31