No Bluetooth signal from ipad ground station

Reaction score
I just purchased a phantom 2 and an ipad ground station and can't get my ipad to see the ground station. I did all the updates and no help. Any thoughts.

Ksc said:
the vision ground station is unknown at this time. could be integrated, could require an additional item to purchase.

"December 4, 2013

Phantom 2 Vision will capture Adobe DNG RAW and provide Ground Station capabilities!"

Not an additional item, unless DJI is cheating.

There must something out there working. I ran across a video on YouTube from a guy maybe in India. It shows him using Ground Control with his Phantom. It appeared to be working flawlessly.

Just for the heck of it I went to the APP Store on my iPad - and found this Ground Station APP. So I downloaded it. However, since my Phantom 2 Vision hasn't arrived yet, all I can do is look at this thing and wonder if it'll work. I too saw the video mentioned above where it seemed to be working just fine. I should have been born in Missouri so I could justifiably say "Show Me" that this actually does work as advertised. Looks and sounds cool though. Can't wait to try this stuff out way out in the desert.

Ksc said:
The phantom needs an update to use it. The update is not available yet. DJI is working on it.

I wish I had checked here first. After struggling with this for over an hour, I gave up an searched here....

The DJI website is not very clear regarding what accessories work with what model. They need a product compatibility matrix or something.

Here are my issues:

No camera control of the Hero3 (rec mode/start/stop, still mode shutter release for zenmuse gimbal
Data link not working with Phantom 2
Flight limits not working on Phantom 2

As a separate issue, I cannot get my computer to connect to the datalink ground unit. I'm using Windows 7, x64, didd all the installs and updates, but the ground station software will not connect to the data link via the USB serial. All installations completed normally, without errors, the device manager shows that all necessary drivers were installed and are functioning normally. Anyone else have this issue?

ehpepper said:
No camera control of the Hero3 (rec mode/start/stop, still mode shutter release for zenmuse gimbal
Data link not working with Phantom 2
Flight limits not working on Phantom 2

As a separate issue, I cannot get my computer to connect to the datalink ground unit. I'm using Windows 7, x64, didd all the installs and updates, but the ground station software will not connect to the data link via the USB serial. All installations completed normally, without errors, the device manager shows that all necessary drivers were installed and are functioning normally. Anyone else have this issue?

there is no such thing as camera control with the zenmuse

data link requires the update that we don't have yet

you need to take it out of phantom mode and into naza mode. upper right of the assistant software.

the connection to the data link issue on your PC is because the firmware isn't out yet.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5847

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers