No auto RTH with Litchi app P3S

Reaction score
I just installed the Litchi app and saw a warning note. It says something about if control signal is lost the craft will not due a auto RTH. Instead it will go into a hover. This is only for the P3S and P4K.
Is this true? If so it would be very dangerous too fly any distance away from the home point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Copied from - Help - Litchi
Warning - When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

Yes.
I use Litchi all the time to fly manual FPV mode and loose signal often due to distance from home point, it comes back every time.

Edit - I just remembered Orbit mode will not RTH if signal is lost.
Again copied from the Litchi help page -
Failsafe
If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level (can be set in DJI Go). It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj