No ATTI mode?

Reaction score
According to the unofficial User Manual you cannot choose ATTI mode for flying. At least I couldn't find it.
Thaaaaats no fun!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There's no mention of Tripod mode either...I suspect later versions will be a little more comprehensive

According to the unofficial User Manual you cannot choose ATTI mode for flying. At least I couldn't find it.
Thaaaaats no fun!

The aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode when the GPS signal is weak and lighting conditions
are too dark for the Forward and Downward Vision System. The aircraft will
only use its barometer for
positioning to control the altitude

The aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode when the GPS signal is weak and lighting conditions
are too dark for the Forward and Downward Vision System. The aircraft will
only use its barometer for
positioning to control the altitude

That's not the same as choosing to fly ATTI.

What's the difference between Atti mode and Sport?

Sport uses GPS lock just like normal mode. Attitude mode didn't use gps lock so the drone will drift with the wind. It only uses the barometer onboard to keep the correct altitude.
If flying in a certain direction in Atti-mode and loosen the sticks the aircraft stops much more gently then in gps-mode. Nice for video-production.

Reactions: jvm
Yes ATTI mode is great for some shots. I also like to flip into it briefly to measure wind speed at altitude. Since we lose a dedicated switch on the TX I hope it is at least implemented in the app.

Yes ATTI mode is great for some shots. I also like to flip into it briefly to measure wind speed at altitude. Since we lose a dedicated switch on the TX I hope it is at least implemented in the app.

A switch would be better as I sometimes only have a second to flip the switch from Atti and back to GPS when things are about to go south... But maybe (if there in deed would be an ATTI mode in the app) the pause button could set it back to GPS mode.... Or at least freeze the drone in place.
There really should be a ATTI mode, because if GPS is lost, and the manual states it will go into ATTI mode then, you better know how to fly it. And if you can't practise ATTI that's going to be difficult.

We need a switch for attitude mode. Just like on the P3. I want to be able to quickly turn on or off the GPS without the app. Could be bad juju to be in attitude and then have a disconnect. Not a huge deal for the experienced operators but... Seems like a recipe for issues if you only allowing mode changes in the app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It's not possible to manually switch to ATTI mode. The Mavic will only be able to auto switch to ATTI as needed mid-flight (e.g. when there is a compass error).

Well I guess I will have to adjust my checklist then.. I routinely check the wind by switching to attitude mode. Not to mention my P3 is faster in that mode.

It's not possible to manually switch to ATTI mode. The Mavic will only be able to auto switch to ATTI as needed mid-flight (e.g. when there is a compass error).

And that is exactly what I think will be a bit scary for users with no ATTI training as they will not be able to train flying that mode. When ATTI mode suddenly kicks in because of some bad GPS signal, they probably will be kind of stressed out already, and flying ATTI for the first time in such a condition.... Well you can just imagine the possible outcomes....

There is a hi tech method to switch to atti mode. Just place foil over the top of the mavic.

Reactions: jasonb777
Perhaps DJI will add ATTI as a selectable flight mode within the DJI GO app. That seems to be the best possible solution at this point considering the RC flight mode switch can only be moved to two positions.

Well I guess I will have to adjust my checklist then.. I routinely check the wind by switching to attitude mode. Not to mention my P3 is faster in that mode.

This means the jail break team will have one more reason to get it opened up.

Btw, the wind directions are not the same at different altitudes. Not having the ability to test the direction using ATTI is not good!

And that is exactly what I think will be a bit scary for users with no ATTI training as they will not be able to train flying that mode. When ATTI mode suddenly kicks in because of some bad GPS signal, they probably will be kind of stressed out already, and flying ATTI for the first time in such a condition.... Well you can just imagine the possible outcomes....

In three hundred miles of flight on my Phantom 3 I have switched to that mode during an error twice. I have flown and noted that the P3 switched on it's own to attitude mode a number of times. The difference in flight characteristics during that brief time wasn't really noticeable. I do it on purpose when it is windy so that I can get a feel for how it reacts. It is great fro training but not a huge deal. Dual systems will probaly make it to were it rarely switches anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic