No access to Maps in Ground station

Reaction score
Something odd happening after upgrading to the new App (version 1.0.46) and iOS 8.1.3.
I no longer have access to any maps so I can cash them in Ground Station. Have checked privacy settings in iOS and it seems like the DJI app has no access to the maps. There is a setting to allow this but as soon as I open the DJI Vision app that setting reverts back to not allowing access for the map app.
Might be an firmware update is needed, to fix this?
Anyone else have seen this behaviour?

if you upgraded over the old one, try removing the app and then redownload it from the app store

crash1sttime said:
if you upgraded over the old one, try removing the app and then redownload it from the app store

Thx, first thing I did, however it seems to be a problem with permission to access.
Do you have both new apps (iOS AND Vision app) installed? Quite familiar with the whole thing, just wanted to know if anybody else have seen this on iOS?
Should add, using iPad Mini (Retina)

I have no problem accessing the maps in the Ground Station feature of the iOS DJI Vision app on my iPad Mini Retina. Newest version of iOS (8.1.3) and newest update of the DJI Vision app.

I did not change any permissions nor was I prompted to.

Assuming that you are getting access to data in the other functions on your iPad?

barefootbeachcombing said:
I have no problem accessing the maps in the Ground Station feature of the iOS DJI Vision app on my iPad Mini Retina. Newest version of iOS (8.1.3) and newest update of the DJI Vision app.

I did not change any permissions nor was I prompted to.

Assuming that you are getting access to data in the other functions on your iPad?

Thank you for that. Very strange, have tried to install the DJI app not only on my Mini but also on my iPhone 6 as well as an iPad Air all with the same result. Everything works just fine except the maps function, When I click on the home button in the maps section nothing happens.

Are you saying that the "location services" function doesn't work in the Ground Station feature? Or that the maps don't come up?

Are you saying that the "location services" function doesn't work in the Ground Station feature? Or that the maps don't come up?

Maps where not coming up and in the location settings in the iPad, DJI app was not allowed to access the maps.

BUT, think I figured out what is up. Before we used to swipe in the DJI app to access the maps with wifi to cash the maps in iOS for the location used to fly.

In the new app you cash the area in the iOS maps directly using wifi and not in ground station application.
Then when you have 6+ satellites and swipe to enter Ground Station maps will open. The reason maps would not open was that I was inside with no satellites, therefore no maps.

Hmmmm...okay. Glad you figured out something to work for you.

On both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5s, the maps came up while I was connected to WiFi at home. I was not even connected to my Phantom at the time.

The maps cache fine for me that way.

Hmmmm...okay. Glad you figured out something to work for you.

On both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5s, the maps came up while I was connected to WiFi at home. I was not even connected to my Phantom at the time.

The maps cache fine for me that way.

Think the reason the maps did not come up when on wifi was I just updated software on the iPad and thereby cleared all old maps.
To clarify, if I open the app on my wifi and go to Ground station no maps are showing unless the quad is having at least 6 sattelites and then the shows up. Did the testing without flying (to cold) but will do tomorrow and see if the maps will "stick". Clearly a difference in the software from before.

AnselA said:
cougar said:
To clarify, if I open the app on my wifi and go to Ground station no maps are showing unless the quad is having at least 6 sattelites and then the shows up.

If the quad don't have GPS fix (=know where it is), how could it know which map to show?

It would have the position from the iPad connected to your wifi. Same way as before, and that is how "find my iPhone" works. No need for separate GPS. In the new app this seems to have changed and will test tomorrow, as of now no position is given when pressing the "home button" in the maps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers