Hello All, I realize, at this point, it is too late for anybody to help me, but I wanted to share my experience so others can avoid something similar happening to them. I have been flying drones for the past two years so I had my share of close calls. I got my new P3S sometime in March and everything was perfect on the older firmware. When the new 1.4.6 came out, I had an issue upgrading, so I had to restart and try again. Everything went ok the second time (even if I thought there was a loss in flying distance in the same area I used to usually fly it). Once the new 1.5.7 came out, I wanted to update right away, hoping this will fix the distance issue. This upgrade went wrong right from the beginning. After about 2 min the camera started moving very rapidly up and down. I left it for about 5 min, but the camera got REALLY hot, so I stopped the upgrade and restarted the drone and controller. The drone started making that awful beeping sound, but the upgrade seemed to progress just about fine, so I let it finish. Once done, the camera was still very hot, so I let it cool down, and then I restarted everything and cheeked the camera picture and the gimbal movements, without starting the motors or test flying the drone. The picture was as usual and the gimbal movements seemed to be ok, so I kind of forgot the issue. For the following two weeks I had no time to fly it, so I kept in in the backpack. Last Saturday, I did a hike in the forests around Vancouver, so I decided to take the drone and take some video (I did it before, in the same spots, without any issue). The first mistake was that I didn’t do any test flight before heading out. As the camera and gimbal were ok I assumed the firmware did not mess any of the other functions. Once I reached the place I wanted to take video (a small water fall), I calibrated the compass, waited for the GPS to get position and started the motors (Go App shower safe to fly and I had about 9 satellites). Everything looked ok, so I took off. As soon as it was at about 6 ft, it started going all over the place. I tried to compensate but it was drifting like crazy. As soon as I left it hover, it was going back really fast. Trying to compensate from the controller overcompensated, so I ended up doing a hard landing, but everything was ok with the hardware. At this point, I was stupid enough to think that the currents from the water fall were at fault, even if I could not feel any – the air was completely still –the fall was about 50 m away. I packed everything and I headed back to a big clearing where I knew for sure it was no wind. Once there, I redid the calibration and all the other checks and took off again. It started drifting strongly, right away. I did not want to crash it so, I thought, if I fly it higher I will have more control (it was a huge clearing so I was not concerned about trees). I raised to about 20m and it started drifting REALLY bad to the forest. I tries to compensate but the drifting was way stronger than my commands. Once it got over the trees, I hit RTH and watched the screen. It just drifted back and forth for about 2 min then, suddenly, started descending without any reason, in the forest, about 60 m from my position. This is when I lost control and I went to look for it. It took about 5 min to find it on the forest floor, camera and half of the gimbal ripped from the body and the battery out of the compartment. I realized the drone was done, so I packed everything and went home. Once home I removed the gimbal mount and isolated the wires, so they did not touch each other. Amazingly I could still start the motors and fly the drone so I took it in the back yard for a test. As soon as I took off, it started doing the same crazy drifting back and forth and the control was useless. Every command either over or under compensated, so I ended up crashing from a low altitude (about 0.5m). Every new try ended the same, so I gave up. At this point, I made peace with the thought I have no P3S anymore but, not knowing why, is driving me nuts. Before the last firmware, everything was perfect. It could hover forever, even in really strong winds, and I did fly it in the same spot it crashed now. I know this is a really long post, but I hope somebody will come with an idea about where I went wrong and if it is anything I can do at this point (warranty coverage went to hell when I did not sent it in after the last messed up update). Thank you.