night time & internet

Reaction score
Hi l have just joined,just got it working today. P3S is unreal, getting the hang of it great videos
Does the video work at night time? l live in a country town with poor internet service once out of town, can l work it without internet and get the camera working thanks.

You don't need the Internet to fly the drone or for video transmission. Is it because it's too dark at night and therefore you don't see anything on your phone/tablet?

You don't need the Internet to fly the drone or for video transmission. Is it because it's too dark at night and therefore you don't see anything on your phone/tablet?
No l have not used it at night time just wondering if the video works at night.

Ok thanks, if you can get it right, the photos or the video would look pretty good

for night time videos, you should do manual exposure settings and change the ISO/shutter speed. for night photos, ive been doing long exposure shots with a 2" (second) shutter speed and lowered ISO and they look amazing.

i was using automatic when i first got it and was getting a lot of noise in my videos.

Last edited:
Reactions: kirby
So how do you get it to work with out wifi. When l turn it on l cant get to take off but when l go to the app and then it says connect to wifi [phantom, l type in 12341234] and then it works and you can go to the camera how do l use it with out the app. The places l would like to use it will be out if wifi and internet range

The wifi that it needs is built in. That's the phantom wifi that you're connecting to when you enter the 12341234 password. It does not need to connect to the Internet.

What Mighty said is correct. You do not need the internet or cellular service to fly the phantom. You could even fly without your phone or tablet. However, being able to see the status of the aircrafts various systems is very helpful and much safer and easier.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20