Night Flights

from last nights full moon. it was very humid here in Florida
IMG_4560.JPG

Just did my first night flight last night and will try more it was lots of fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like you left the arm lights on while filming, there's a red hue in the upper corners. Be sure to turn those red lights off next time, it's in the app!

Fallbrook Mall.jpeg
I think over 90% of my flights have been at night. I'll mostly use the P2 for daytime until I sell her. As an aside, this mall is about 4900' from my house. I can see the bird out there just fine.

Here is one of mine from last year with my Vision 2 Plus before upgrading to a 3.

Reactions: JKDSensei
What's funny the Texas Department of Public Safety is right next door and two troopers walked up on me while I was flying because it's right next to Interstate 35 too, and said hey is that you up their flying, I was like......Uhhh yeah.. then they just said that's cool, I follow you on Facebook and twitter and you have some good pictures and videos from up there...

That came out good. The few times I tried the P2 at night it looked crap in low light.

If you are taking photos and are comfortable doing it, consider turning OFF your LED lights. They reflect off the landing gear and can taint the coloring of the photos. With them off, you get less haze and glare.

Looks like you left the arm lights on while filming, there's a red hue in the upper corners. Be sure to turn those red lights off next time, it's in the app!
It was pitch black where I was flying and needed reference to fly the quad.

How do u turn off lights???
In the app you can turn red lights off... But unless you really trust the map I'd never do it you can't use the screen usually and fly via the red lights to know orientation.

Flew mine up right before a massive lightning storm came in.. Got some insane lighting footage will post later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Here is one of mine from last year with my Vision 2 Plus before upgrading to a 3.

Don't get too close to the field or your phantom will break into a few thousand pieces.. #RG3joke

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The FAA really scares me on this one. Having done dusk/early night I can say in some way its safer than the sun blotting out your drone. I wish they would relax this rule a little as the map on the pilot app makes it hard as well to lose track or direction of the drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers