Night Flights: Ideal Video Settings and Examples

ianwood

Taco Wrangler
Reaction score
What are the ideal settings? Does 1080p have less noise than 4K? ISO? EV?

If you have examples, share them along with your settings.

Reactions: SENC
I can't burleeve nobody interested in shooting video at night! Nurbuddy? :(

I saw some time ago a video recorded with the ispire one that looks very good but it used neat video plugin for premiere to remove the noise

I've asked this same question. I've learned that ISO 100 has the least amount of noise, but it requires a slower shutter speed, so probably not best in the end to say the least.

I've been told to use AWB, an ISO of 800 or 1600, and play around with the shutter speed. Setting the camera to complete auto also works in brightly lit areas. Dimly lit will require some tweaking. I don't have any good examples. I read inspirepilots.com photo forum as well as this one and have learned quite a bit.

There are some great noise reducers in Premiere, but they cost $. Shooting the right ISO and shutter speed is key from what I've learned in the field. I've shot and re-shot the same flight using different manual settings so each scenario is different. The best shots I have thus far are with auto camera settings and LOG camera mode. Then using a LUT in Premiere really livens the image up.

Reactions: ianwood

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl