Night flights and shutter speed.

I was looking just now. I had to connect to aircraft and yes correct. When switching to manual I see it. Thanks so much. Still have to figure what is best. Now I see so many camera settings. Wow. Sunny day. Beach. Cinematic. All types of settings. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is that a few pictures put together? Did you do a lot of post process? I am just getting into photo post process and I speed forever on it....never know when to quits. Then I show my wife and she likes the original better than my post process....

Bahahahaha my wife literally just did this to me. She said, "I like watching you fly your impressive gadget and like to sit and watch the footage but seriously, you spend more time adjusting settings on the couch than you do flying the **** thing. And it looked better before you started changing things".
/facepalm

This is Kansas City, my first night shots turned out ok.

I don't know anything about cameras, so can someone tell me how to get the shots where the lights are all streaking from the cars?

Attachments

• DJI_0034.JPG
    DJI_0034.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 360
Reactions: SS220
That was the purpose of me creating the thread. As told to me. You have to experiment for best results. Once connected to camera. Go to the camera settings. In video. You will need to change to manual instead of automatic. Change the iso settings which goes to 1600. And lower shutter speed. Take pics. And look at results until you are happy with the light. Experimentation. Once you know what you like. In the daytime change back to auto. Trial and error.

Reactions: anotherinfidel
Hey Meta4,

Your night shots are just beautiful.
Question... Are these still shots or video that you merge together?
Thanks .. it's created from a series of stills I stitched together.
That one was 15 separate images.
It looks much better full screen on a big monitor: Have a look at: Land - Above & Beyond Photography

Reactions: Rebel Gal
Take a series of 3 to 5 sec exposures and stack in photoshop. If on a PC there is a free .exe called startrails, it is designed for astrophitography but works on car lights moving in multiple frames also.

Reactions: anotherinfidel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl