Nice Morning at Old Saybrook

Reaction score
Had a nice flight over the Connecticut river in Old Saybrook the other day. This was one of my first flights after trading up to a P3P. Having a little issue with gimbal horizon drift. Have recalibrated the gimbal a couple of times – but horizon tilt seems to come and go during flight. Most of this flight it is good enough for me – but around 2:30-2:35 the tilt drifts in again. Things I did to fix this on my P3A have not completed cured the issue on this bird. Just re-calibrated the IMU and the Gimbal – will see if this fixes it.

Had a nice flight over the Connecticut river in Old Saybrook the other day. This was one of my first flights after trading up to a P3P. Having a little issue with gimbal horizon drift. Have recalibrated the gimbal a couple of times – but horizon tilt seems to come and go during flight. Most of this flight it is good enough for me – but around 2:30-2:35 the tilt drifts in again. Things I did to fix this on my P3A have not completed cured the issue on this bird. Just re-calibrated the IMU and the Gimbal – will see if this fixes it.
Nuts - test flight after recal IMU and gimbal - seems to be worse. I did yaw and crab the bird pretty hard to see how bad the issue is. Found there is a gimbal roll adjustment that I can tweak in-flight in DJI-Go app - but never needed to use this with my previous phantom. Seems like on my previous bird had to free up the camera cables a bit to fix.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4