Nice High Elevation 12,000ft (3500M) Vision + Footage

slothead said:
Chuggie,
How high were you above the water over Clinton Gulch reservoir? It looks pretty low and if you were using the P2V+, it is probably even lower than it looks.

I was about 5-6ft over the water. I was using the ripples from the down draft of the helicopter to judge the distance from the surface of the lake.

Thanks,
Chuggie

You got balls i'll give you that lol !!

:lol:

Chuggie said:
slothead said:
Chuggie,
How high were you above the water over Clinton Gulch reservoir? It looks pretty low and if you were using the P2V+, it is probably even lower than it looks.

I was about 5-6ft over the water. I was using the ripples from the down draft of the helicopter to judge the distance from the surface of the lake.

Thanks,
Chuggie
Well done Chuggie. Guttsy!

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to get my bird out somewhere nice like that for some footage.

pyrophantom said:
You got balls i'll give you that lol !!

:lol:

I took a 60+mph face plant on my snowboard the day I shot the low level lake footage, 14 days later I'm still shaking that one off. :D

Chuggie

happydays said:
Lovely clip, great scenery/ Love the way the props occasionally pop in to say hello!

Would I have done anything different? Fade between clips maybe and slowed down the vertical panning. But just my thoughts (very amateur videographer here...).

Well done.

CBS

Thank You for the Advice

Electric motors untroubled by the altitude of course.

Please explain prop wash -- what is it -- and explain your strategy and reason for moving relative to wind. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic