Niagara Falls, Ontario/New York

Impressive!

Reactions: phantomized
Dude that's restricted airspace. Your flight is illegal, per Transport Canada.

LOL! Is it restricted airspace in Canada or the States? Also, why would it be restricted? I was no higher up than 300 ft. I am sick and tired of people telling me my flights are illegal. Let's put it this way, I was authorized to fly, so NO, it was not illegal. Thank you!

Last edited:
LOL! Is it restricted airspace in Canada or the States? Also, why would it be restricted? I was no higher up than 300 ft. I am sick and tired of people telling me my flights are illegal. Let's put it this way, I was authorized to fly, so NO, it was not illegal. Thank you!

If you have to ask if it is restricted....you didn't have authorization. A simple SFOC is not sufficient in this area.

If you don't like people telling you your flights are illegal, then don't do illegal flights. I don't mean to be the one to play bad cop, but you need to do your flights properly. This is not a toy, and you are using it to promote a business. They are cool shots, but you can't get those by breaking the law. It can be a hefty fine to fly without proper approval, and if you did interfere with helicopter flights by accident, it could be criminal charges.

Maybe you are aware of this, and great, so consider this info for others who come by and do the drone tourist thing.

Last edited:
If you have to ask if it is restricted....you didn't have authorization. A simple SFOC is not sufficient in this area.

If you don't like people telling you your flights are illegal, then don't do illegal flights. I don't mean to be the one to play bad cop, but you need to do your flights properly. This is not a toy, and you are using it to promote a business. They are cool shots, but you can't get those by breaking the law. It can be a hefty fine to fly without proper approval, and if you did interfere with helicopter flights by accident, it could be criminal charges.

Maybe you are aware of this, and great, so consider this info for others who come by and do the drone tourist thing.

Just to add here, the video is not for commercial use.

I would like to thank you for making me aware that model aircraft are not allowed to be flown over the falls (2 mile radius) and I will make sure that if I ever fly there again, I'll keep that distance. I am all for obeying the laws and flying safely, that really is my number 1 priority. I do not want to injure anybody. I did my research and did not find anything stating model aircraft until you posted the 196 page pdf. The other link "regulations and you" did not mention model aircraft. I accept my ignorance, and now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

People make mistakes, as long as those mistakes are not repeated I think it is "ok". I will take your information as a warning. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik