Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Nexus 9 on sale, anybody using one?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by SteelGator, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SteelGator

Title says it all. HTC has the Nexus 9 on sale today for the US. If it is working smoothly, it will be a better choice for me over using my phone. Anybody using one currently?

Buy Google Nexus 9 from HTC $239.40 (16GB) / $287.40 (32GB)

2. envisionabove

I have had both N7s the Nexus 9 is on my to do list. I just don't like the form factor... It will work fine and the price is 100.00 off good deal I checked it out.
    I know some use the N9 hope they chime in for you.

SteelGator likes this.
  3. ctp

ctp

I use the Nexus 9 and it runs great with the application and video. The screen is very reflective but is usable after adding a matte screen protector. I use it because I already own one, though I've mostly been using my Google Tango tablet because of the built in LTE and smaller form factor. The Tango is essentially a nVidia Shield with additional 3D sensors.

If I was buying a tablet to use with the P3, I would buy the Shield, but that's just my personal opinion based upon using the Tango and being very happy with it.

SteelGator likes this.
  4. SteelGator

Thanks for the feedback on the Nexus 9. I am a fan of Nexus products because I do like to tinker Android. Hearing it runs smoothly is a big plus.

I tried to look up the Shield, but it seems to be hard to find. I'll have to do some more research later.

5. ctp

ctp

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the Shield is becoming pretty rare and out of stock everywhere. That is a very good sign that they are letting inventory deplete while they ramp up production on the Shield 2015 (or 2 or Deuce or whatever it's going to be called).

I'm an android gadget fiend, so I'm sure I'll order it as soon as possible.

6. MoreGone

I've got the N7(2013) and am looking at getting the Shield. I was excited when I saw this but then realized the N9 doesn't have an SD slot. I am looking forward to editing videos on the go with Shield.