Nexus 7

JimBinDallas said:
I have it running on my Nexus 10 just fine. When my Nexus automatically updated itself to 4.4.2 KitKat, I went to [url=http://m.dji.net/djivision]http://m.dji.net/djivision[/url], downloaded a newer version and it updated fine with out changing any of my settings.
Haven't tried the PlayStore, but others say it is up to date there now too.
just so people understand, the above link sends you to a different destination depending on what device you use. My PC got sent to an apple store location, my nexus tablet went to an android app download.

now that I can use my nexus 7 tablet I made a simple little s hook out of plastic so it will mount to the controller. works great.

Attachments

• ScreenShot103.jpg
    ScreenShot103.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 811
  • ScreenShot104.jpg
    ScreenShot104.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 820
  • ScreenShot105.jpg
    ScreenShot105.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 787
wildcatter said:
now that I can use my nexus 7 tablet I made a simple little s hook out of plastic so it will mount to the controller. works great.

WC... Do you see a larger image with the Nexus 7 than you would on a smart phone? Is it clear? Is it worth it?

Thanks...

-slinger

Yes I do gunslinger, it doesn't fill the screen but it is larger and clear. It is dark here and all I have done so far is connect it here in the house. It seems to work very well.

gunslinger said:
wildcatter said:

WC... Do you see a larger image with the Nexus 7 than you would on a smart phone? Is it clear? Is it worth it?

Thanks...

-slinger

The Nexus 7 will give you a far larger view than an iPhone 4 or 5 tho the screens status bars on top and bottom use a lot of screen real estate so in the end you're image is probably not much larger than if you viewed on a Galaxy s4 or Galaxy note 3 smartphone.

wildcatter said:
Yes I do gunslinger, it doesn't fill the screen but it is larger and clear. It is dark here and all I have done so far is connect it here in the house. It seems to work very well.

Thanx, bro... I'm very close to picking up a Nexus 7 and looking for real world experiences... This helps a lot...

-slinger...

BenDronePilot said:
gunslinger said:
wildcatter said:

Thanks...

-slinger

The Nexus 7 will give you a far larger view than an iPhone 4 or 5 tho the screens status bars on top and bottom use a lot of screen real estate so in the end you're image is probably not much larger than if you viewed on a Galaxy s4 or Galaxy note 3 smartphone.

As long as the view is substantially larger (and still very clear and sharp) than what I'm seeing on my iPhone 4s, I'll seriously
consider the purchase...

Thanks for your input, guys...

-slinger

wildcatter said:
I will post a photo tomorrow and give you a better idea slinger.

Thanks, guy...

-slinger

Thats made it all a lot clearer now. Thanks guys. But I must ask will any android system pad work over and above android 4? There are cheaper pads out there at the moment leading up to Xmas.

Steve

I hope this helps Slinger, the actual picture on the nexus is 4 1/2 ins - 2 1/2 ins on my samsung G4 it 3 1/4 - 1 7/8

Attachments

• ScreenShot106.jpg
    ScreenShot106.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 561
  • ScreenShot107.jpg
    ScreenShot107.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 573
  • ScreenShot108.jpg
    ScreenShot108.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 580
wildcatter said:
I hope this helps Slinger, the actual picture on the nexus is 4 1/2 ins - 2 1/2 ins on my samsung G4 it 3 1/4 - 1 7/8

Holy Crap!!! That's much better than I expected. Is this the Nexus 7 2012 or 2013?

Thanks a bunch for going through the trouble Wild, truly appreciated...

-slinger

seajunky said:
Thats made it all a lot clearer now. Thanks guys. But I must ask will any android system pad work over and above android 4? There are cheaper pads out there at the moment leading up to Xmas.

Steve
I can't say for sure steve, but I think you will need one with a bigger processor.

wildcatter said:
that is 2012 , glad to help. :cool:

Great thread guys. I should have searched Nexus 7 before posting my own question.

There are still 2012's out there for a big savings over the 2103... wildcatter's pics are a great help and it seems perhaps I could live with a 2012. Anyone had both? Is the increase in picture detail really worth the extra bucks or is the 2012 good enough for the casual flyer/aerial photographer like myself?

t.rexxer said:
wildcatter said:

Great thread guys. I should have searched Nexus 7 before posting my own question.

There are still 2012's out there for a big savings over the 2103... wildcatter's pics are a great help and it seems perhaps I could live with a 2012. Anyone had both? Is the increase in picture detail really worth the extra bucks or is the 2012 good enough for the casual flyer/aerial photographer like myself?

Thanks to the input from Wildcatter, I have a 2012 Nexus 7 on order... It should be here on Friday. Thanks a bunch WC...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
t.rexxer said:
wildcatter said:

Thanks to the input from Wildcatter, I have a 2012 Nexus 7 on order... It should be here on Friday. Thanks a bunch WC...

-slinger

+1!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.